Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Why won't PSA grade this card?

I have submitted this 2013 Topps Allen & Ginter wood mini out of the Mini Exclusive Rip Set to PSA, but it came back not graded. It was a while ago, so I don't have record of the reason it was sent back but it wasn't for altering or counterfeit. I believe it was simply that they don't grade these. It comes out of the rip cards. There are regular minis and there are these wood minis. They are 1/1's according to the checklist but are not marked as such on the card. After it was sent back to me, I emailed PSA, with the research they requested, but they never responded. Does anyone have any idea why they will not grade these cards out of the RIP cards?

Comments

• vols1vols1 Posts: 784 ✭✭✭
    edited August 4, 2024 1:11PM

it appears at least 3 wood 1/1 were graded on the checklist. I noticed the base wood 1/1 have 1 of 1 on the back. Do you have an example of another mini exclusive rip wood to compare?

https://psacard.com/pop/baseball-cards/2013/topps-allen-ginter/114168

• RufussCkingstonRufussCkingston Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭✭

They def grade the 1/1's from 2013, unfortunately there are none on eBay that show the back. I googled and found a 2016 trout wood mini and it said 1/1 in blue pen in the upper left corner, but of course that is a different year. There could be an issue of many of these were printed and back-doored, but not marked 1 of 1, or if they are not supposed to be maybe more than one is known to exist.

• I believe you are correct. The regular wood minis numbered 1-350 are hand numbered on the back 1/1, I believe. But, I don't believe that the extended 350-400 wood minis are numbered. I have a message out to a wood mini collector to see if he might be able to help.