Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

How much is a PCGS MS65 1925-S Peace $

dbldie55dbldie55 Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭✭✭
Many times when someone mentions the huge price increase for one point of some modern, it is always brought up about the huge jump between MS64 and MS65 in this coin. I tried to do some research on this mystical coin that is always used to justify a huge price jump in moderns. Here is what I found.

PCGS POP 943/28/0 in 64/65/66
Greysheet: $375 in 64 $15,500 in 65 (remember this is sight seen bid)
Bluesheet: $320 in 64 $7,850 in 65 (remember this is sight unseen bid, usually reserved for lower end coins)

(These may be slightly outdated, I get the hand me downs of these sheets.

Now the fun part. I search Heritage's prices realized archives MS64's went from around $400 -$2,070. The only 65 did not sell. Now while I have hundreds of auction catalogs, I looked through a few and found no more (I am sure they are there, but not sure I can find the price realized if I find a sale) (If this was a Liberty Nickel I would have it as I have a database of auction results for that series)

From this it would be obvious that the people constantly quoting this huge price difference can point me to at least 5-10 different sales of this coin in recent times to use. I mean, upper end 64's sell for around a third of low end 65's looking at what I have found (not 1/100).

Can someone point me to these previous sales to show some credibility to their claims?

I would also like to note that the greysheet/bluesheet shows the following for MS66 and MS67 (bluesheet for PCGS coins) 22,000/14,500 in 66 and 33,000/29,000 in 67. Of course since none exist you could list a price sheet with any price.
Collector and Researcher of Liberty Head Nickels. ANA LM-6053

Comments

• Options
    I don't know either but I took a quick look on Ebay and this was all I found.

MS65 1925-S Peace

Larry
    Dabigkahunaimage
  • Options
    JJacksJJacks Posts: 759

The estimate on that ANACS coin would probably be alot higher if it were PCGS graded.

dbldie55, It is hard to find sales of 25-S Peace $ in PCGS MS65, because there aren't many around, and probably many are in very strong hands.

JJacks

Always buying music cards of artists I like! PSA or raw! Esp want PSA 10s 1991 Musicards Marx, Elton, Bryan Adams, etc. And 92/93 Country Gold AJ, Clint Black, Tim McGraw PSA 10s
  • Options
    BRdudeBRdude Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭
    Real nice Peace dollars are TUFF to find no matter what the date isimage Terribly struck, low relief, pitted and/or worn dies, just awful. Sure love them thoughimage I'm afraid I settled for a 63 (though nice for the gradeimageimage) in my dansco's.
    AKA kokimoki
    the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed
    Join the NRA and protect YOUR right to keep and bear arms
    To protest against all hunting of game is a sign of softness of head, not soundness of heart. Theodore Roosevelt
    [L]http://www.ourfallensoldier.com/ThompsonMichaelE_MemorialPage.html[L]
  • Options
    My book says $120, $600, $21,000 for ms63, 64, 65 respectively!

What a spread! Especially the 35x from 64 to 65!
    Say no to ACG!!!!!!!!!!!!