Home Sports Talk

Ever bowl a 300 game. Run a four minute mile. Shoot a hole in one.

DocBenjaminDocBenjamin Posts: 779 ✭✭✭✭

Not me.

Probably a 220 high at bowling a long time ago.

Did a 6 minute mile when I was about 20.

Sucked at golf. Maybe par on a couple holes over I dunno, 15 or twenty rounds.

Not so good at fishing either. 6 or seven weekly trips up to Canada, best I did was a 4 pound pike.

Comments

• stevekstevek Posts: 28,679 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't even dream that good. 😂

• DocBenjaminDocBenjamin Posts: 779 ✭✭✭✭

Football I should have skipped. Flag in 8th grade totaled my knee.

:|

• LandrysFedoraLandrysFedora Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭✭✭

Bowled in leagues back in the late 80's to early 90's. Averaged in the vicinity of 170. High game ever was a 245. High series ever was a 623. I pitched a no-hitter as a 11-year-old in little league (does that count? lol)

• larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,062 ✭✭✭

Once got over 200 bowling and was pretty pleased with myself.
    I doubt I ever ran even a 6 or 7 minute mile but did (slowly) run one marathon.
    Got one hole in one when I used to golf a lot. 135 yards and my friends made fun of me because I used a 6 iron.

• oilers99oilers99 Posts: 214 ✭✭✭

May 1988 - bowled a 300 in our Sweepers event. Got $100 and a 300 ring from ABC.

@LandrysFedora said:
    Bowled in leagues back in the late 80's to early 90's. Averaged in the vicinity of 170. High game ever was a 245. High series ever was a 623. I pitched a no-hitter as a 11-year-old in little league (does that count? lol)

Basebal21 would have pulled you in the 4th inning.

• TabeTabe Posts: 6,008 ✭✭✭✭✭

275 bowling, less than 6" from a hole-in-one in golf.

So... no :)

• semikeycollectorsemikeycollector Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭✭✭

No! I have crappy fine motor skill, Maladroit. I stick to coins.
    Can pick up dumb bells, even some heavy ones.

• coolstanleycoolstanley Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 25, 2024 12:11AM

Bowled a 257. Ran a 4.4 40.

Terry Bradshaw was AMAZING!!

Ignore list -Basebal21

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 30,176 ✭✭✭✭✭

My best mile was idk because I was timed for a 1.5 mile run in the sheriff's department PT test, and it was 9.08.so not even close lol

Never golfed other than going on drunk golf tournaments with a foursome, one time we were in this tournament fundraiser and about a hundred yards away was the hole and you got one shot to do a hole in one to.w8n a car. I drunkenly hit the ball and literally came about an inch away from a hole in one.

• bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 10,110 ✭✭✭✭✭

all in the same day actually

@perkdog said:
    My best mile was idk because I was timed for a 1.5 mile run in the sheriff's department PT test, and it was 9.08.so not even close lol

Never golfed other than going on drunk golf tournaments with a foursome, one time we were in this tournament fundraiser and about a hundred yards away was the hole and you got one shot to do a hole in one to.w8n a car. I drunkenly hit the ball and literally came about an inch away from a hole in one.

Those cheap bastiges. Ya got that close, they should have given you the car. What's the matter with those people? 🚗

• DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 25, 2024 6:11AM

got close in bowling, 289 one day, best I ever rolled. Close on a par 3, prob 6". Track....I lettered in discus/shot put, was not a runner, ha. Offensive/def linemen didn't run for speed.

My dad got a couple hole in ones, his club gave him a trophy for one as it happened during a shotgun tourney.

• DarinDarin Posts: 6,796 ✭✭✭✭✭

My first game bowling in league I bought a ball and my fingers got stuck in it first time throwing it. The other team was already into the beer and let me have it pretty relentlessly.

@Darin said:
    My first game bowling in league I bought a ball and my fingers got stuck in it first time throwing it. The other team was already into the beer and let me have it pretty relentlessly.

Good thing it wasn't permanent. It would have made typing with that hand very difficult with a bowling ball stuck on there. 😉

• VTchaserVTchaser Posts: 300 ✭✭✭
    edited July 25, 2024 8:53AM

226 i think was my best at bowling about 15 years ago. I ran a 6:30 mile in high school so not close to 4 minutes haha! No hole in ones except at the local putt putt. Got close once on a par 3, maybe 3-6" away.

Successful transactions with: robkool, Walkerguy21D, JimW, Bruce7789, massscrew, Jinx86, jonasdenenbergllc, Yorkshireman, bobsr, tommyrusty7, markelman1125, Kliao, DBSTrader2, SurfinxHI, ChrisH821, CoinHoarder, Bolo, MICHAELDIXON, bigtime36, JWP, 1960NYGiants

• ElMagoStrikeZoneElMagoStrikeZone Posts: 285 ✭✭✭

Playing hoops in a local gym I received a perfect outlet pass and raised up to the rim with an extra thrust and by golly if that was the only time I ever "dunked" in an actual pickup game. It was worth all the hoots and hollers from my chums. I was very high. ;)

I'm your inner child. Get in. Listen, what you really need in life is some frikkin torque.

• Basebal21Basebal21 Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭✭

@DocBenjamin said:

@LandrysFedora said:

Basebal21 would have pulled you in the 4th inning.

Lol depends what the pitch count was. Little league is only 6 innings, I threw no hitters before. Even had a perfect game robbed from me because my coach intentionally walked someone, needless to say that was the last time I pitched for that team

Missouri 14 OSU 3

• tommyrusty7tommyrusty7 Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭✭

I got a hole in one at Ladera golf course in Albuquerque, NM 25 years ago.

• Jack131Jack131 Posts: 67 ✭✭

No. No. And no. Highest bowl is 187. Best mile is 5 minutes and 48 seconds. Closest to hole in one is about 3 feet.

But here's a question. Has any one person accomplished all three? If so, I think that would be pretty impressive.

Here it says that as of October 6, 2014 - the date of the article - that 40 people have bowled a 300 game and hit a hole in one.

Would be pretty impressive if any of those 40 have run a 4 minute mile.

@Jack131 said:
    No. No. And no. Highest bowl is 187. Best mile is 5 minutes and 48 seconds. Closest to hole in one is about 3 feet.

But here's a question. Has any one person accomplished all three? If so, I think that would be pretty impressive.

Here it says that as of October 6, 2014 - the date of the article - that 40 people have bowled a 300 game and hit a hole in one.

Would be pretty impressive if any of those 40 have run a 4 minute mile.

Cracking 4 minutes is a tough one. Bill Rodgers was a champion marathoner but his best mile was 4:O1

Bernard Lagate used to train nearby. His mile best was 3:50 I believe. Don't know if he is a bowler though.

• LandrysFedoraLandrysFedora Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mookie Betts bowled a 300 and I wouldn't doubt if he also accomplished a hole in one in golf.

• galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭✭✭

ran 5:30ish in middle school

one time i was really drunk and rolled a 244

have played golf since i was <10 and have seen a handful of 1s on par 3s, but unfortunately none off my club. have come within inches many times.

you'll never be able to outrun a bad diet

• 2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 30, 2024 6:13AM

Yes when a bear was chasing me
    189 yards, 4 iron into the sun and never saw it go in on a Friday the 13th. True story

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.