Home U.S. Coin Forum

Do you pay the extra $5 for Trueview on Gold Shield services?

heavymetalheavymetal Posts: 590 ✭✭✭✭

I really dislike the submission process here. There must be away to simplify this.

Two things:
1) The printed form says to add $5 for Trueviews but online it says Trueviews are included with Gold Shield. Which is it?

2) I purchased a PCGS graded 20 cent piece that was incorrectly labeled as a quarter. I want to reholder it. I also believe it maybe a MPD FS-301. Can I pay the variety fee and have it noted during the reholdering into a Gold Shield or do I need to do something else?

Comments

• heavymetalheavymetal Posts: 590 ✭✭✭✭

Thank you, sir. HM

• GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 17,179 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Goldbully said:
    They are included with Gold Shield.

I see your point……

• ChrisH821ChrisH821 Posts: 6,454 ✭✭✭✭✭

You can add variety attribution to a reholder, I've done it before.

Collector, occasional seller

• CopperindianCopperindian Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭✭✭

IF I had to pay extra at this time I wouldn’t - not until the quality of the TV’s are better!

“The thrill of the hunt never gets old”

PCGS Registry: Screaming Eagles
    Copperindian

Retired sets: Soaring Eagles
    Copperindian

• 1madman1madman Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭✭✭

Point 1 you can add the $5 to the specific service level if it does not already include the trueview to get the photos.

Point 2 I’d make the case to pcgs the label is already a mechanical error mess, and ask them to put the variety on the label and get the coin number correct in one swoop for no charge. Get ahold of customer service and they will email you a free FedEx label.

• lkeneficlkenefic Posts: 8,160 ✭✭✭✭✭

I had this very question come up on my most recent submission when I was filling in the paperwork... I thought I had to check the box on each coin for a TV, but if you was Gold Shield its calculated in already. I guess I'll see once I get my coins back...

Collecting: Dansco 7070; Middle Date Large Cents (VF-AU); Box of 20;

Successful BST transactions with: SilverEagles92; Ahrensdad; Smitty; GregHansen; Lablade; Mercury10c; copperflopper; whatsup; KISHU1; scrapman1077, crispy, canadanz, smallchange, robkool, Mission16, ranshdow, ibzman350, Fallguy, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, jwitten, Walkerguy21D, dsessom.
  • ProofCollectionProofCollection Posts: 5,974 ✭✭✭✭✭

On the manual form I always check the box also but I don't add the cost if I'm getting gold shield service. The online submission form doesn't ask if you've selected a GS service level.

And as a rule I have all coins trueview'd as it's a small price to pay to be able to view my coins anytime with ease and easier to list on ebay when I sell.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file