Home U.S. Coin Forum

Surprise in a Indian head cent book I bought

COINS MAKE CENTSCOINS MAKE CENTS Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 23, 2024 1:11PM in U.S. Coin Forum

Last weekend I set up at the Bessemer, AL show. It was a great show for both selling and buying. It's the first time we have been there in over 10 years. I purchased an Indian cent book, and the owner was quite surprised by the amount I quoted for this coin. He put the set together and had no idea this was in there.

1894/94 in a high vf low xf. I was surprised when I saw it in there and so was he with the price, as he had written down it was worth 10 dollars. Just thought I would share this tougher piece in a higher grade.

EDIT: I put some better pictures further down, because these are terrible!

New inventory added daily at Coins Make Cents
HAPPY COLLECTING

Comments

• Manifest_DestinyManifest_Destiny Posts: 6,644 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice find but the coin looks cleaned and damaged.

• redraiderredraider Posts: 165 ✭✭✭✭

Winner winner!

• ifthevamzarockinifthevamzarockin Posts: 8,755 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice surprise :)

• johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 28,018 ✭✭✭✭✭

😎

• Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,870 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good eye, they're out there.

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall, coinsarefun, MichaelDixon, NickPatton, ProfLiz, Twobitcollector,Jesbroken

• MtW124MtW124 Posts: 394 ✭✭✭✭

That’s a terrific find and observant. Many people even dealers miss mpd’s and rpd’s. Indian head cent varieties are one of my main interests. So I can appreciate a quick eye to notice these.

• divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,599 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice catch and I applaud you for making a fair offer for it to the seller.

Donato

Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)
  • jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,858 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great deal.
    Jim

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain
  • COINS MAKE CENTSCOINS MAKE CENTS Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭✭✭

@divecchia said:
    Nice catch and I applaud you for making a fair offer for it to the seller.

Donato

It was his coin and I believe in fair business.

New inventory added daily at Coins Make Cents
    HAPPY COLLECTING

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file