Home U.S. Coin Forum

TAMS collection advice needed

Rob85635Rob85635 Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭
edited July 22, 2024 1:09PM in U.S. Coin Forum

I have this lot of TAMS tokens. They are almost all if not all from conventions through the years. I checked ebay and see that they don't seem to have a big following and don't appear to be very valuable. All these appear to be bronze / copper. I would like to know what your advice is on selling these. I don't collect tokens so I would like them to go to someone who would enjoy them.

Would individual listings be best or would a big lot be best? Any advice is indeed appreciated. Thank you.

Rob the Newbie

Comments

• RiveraFamilyCollectRiveraFamilyCollect Posts: 619 ✭✭✭✭

Usually it's harder to sell big lots for a higher premium. If you can find someone who wants the lot, great! but otherwise selling them individually will bring in a higher price.
    and just to clarify, I do not know what a TAMS token is.

The substantial truth doctrine is an important defense in defamation law that allows individuals to avoid liability if the gist of their statement was true.

• Rob85635Rob85635 Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭

Sorry, ... Token and Medal Society.

Rob the Newbie
  • jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 33,629 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Rob85635 said:
    Sorry, ... Token and Medal Society.

Limited market. Decide how much time you want to put into it. You might try checking with TAMS. They used to have a sales channel

• Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,916 ✭✭✭✭✭

Is @tokenpro still in the house?

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall, coinsarefun, MichaelDixon, NickPatton, ProfLiz, Twobitcollector,Jesbroken

• tokenprotokenpro Posts: 876 ✭✭✭✭✭

Currently ducking t-storms so yes, I'm in the house.

TAMS has a very large supply of past convention medals (& some TAMS presidential medals) on hand and has offered them for sale through the TAMS Journal and other outlets for years. These included the silver medals as well as the brass, bronze, and/or aluminum but the sales have dwindled to basically nada.

In fact, we were so overloaded with silvers from some of the earlier years that we ended up melting a quantity and put the proceeds in the treasury. We have kept a small quantity of each year on hand to service the very few orders and long ago adjusted the quantities ordered to continue the series but better fit the current minimal demand. We leave two or three medals every year at every place setting at the TAMS banquet during the ANA and make sure the wait staff acquires an ample supply as well.

I think you will find it difficult to market your quantity unless you find a newer TAMS member that has an interest in starting a collection. It's too bad as there are a lot of attractive medals in the series. My personal thought is if you can get anywhere near $1@ for brass, bronze & copper nickel pieces you will be ahead of the game.

• Rob85635Rob85635 Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭

Thank you.

Rob the Newbie
  • dcarrdcarr Posts: 8,377 ✭✭✭✭✭

I designed one side of the 2006 TAMS medal. It shows a close-up of the Denver Mint exterior. That one can sell for a moderate premium. I don't know about the others.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file