Home U.S. Coin Forum

Ruined by @mr1931S; won't make this mistake again...

2»

Comments

• Manifest_DestinyManifest_Destiny Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭✭✭

• ifthevamzarockinifthevamzarockin Posts: 8,756 ✭✭✭✭✭

@mr1931S said:
    I get a committee secret agent follow me over here, make an obnoxious nickname for the name of the author of a historic, landmark book on counterfeit detection, a man who I highly respect for his contribution to numismatics and I'm supposed to "lighten up"?

@CRHer700 How does it feel to be a "committee secret agent"? How do you get a job like this? :D

• CRHer700CRHer700 Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ifthevamzarockin said:

@CRHer700 said:
    Don't let me make it seem like I am defending what @mr1931S has done, but I would like to say that all of us have been unduly hard on him

No one has been unduly hard on him, he has worked hard to earn every comment he has gotten. ;)

I understand that, just wanted to make it known that he probably wasn't completely outright wrong.

God Bless, CRHer700 :mrgreen:
    Do unto others what you expect to be done to you.
    Dubbed a "Committee Secret Agent" by @mr1931S on 7/23/24

@ifthevamzarockin said:

@mr1931S said:
    I get a committee secret agent follow me over here, make an obnoxious nickname for the name of the author of a historic, landmark book on counterfeit detection, a man who I highly respect for his contribution to numismatics and I'm supposed to "lighten up"?

@CRHer700 How does it feel to be a "committee secret agent"? How do you get a job like this? :D

I guess that you just make a bad joke. I do feel like I should put that in my signature though. :D

@ifthevamzarockin said:

@mr1931S said:

Where did you get that quote from? All his comments are hidden now.

@mr1931S said:
    I don't need them. I might have them just can't find on my jampacked with pictures computer. Let's see. I come into this thread feeling invited to contribute some things, which I did, and then I get a committee secret agent follow me over here, make an obnoxious nickname for the name of the author of a historic, landmark book on counterfeit detection, a man who I highly respect for his contribution to numismatics and I'm supposed to "lighten up"?

Well, BS. Knowledge talks and BS walks. Any reader here with a half a brain can figure that out. Oh, one more thing. mr1931S hereby promises to stay completely out of** burfle23**'s threads from this day forward. Today is 7/23/24. Deal? Can we bury the hatchet?

@CRHer700 Here ya go. ;)

@ifthevamzarockin said:

@mr1931S said:
    I don't need them. I might have them just can't find on my jampacked with pictures computer. Let's see. I come into this thread feeling invited to contribute some things, which I did, and then I get a committee secret agent follow me over here, make an obnoxious nickname for the name of the author of a historic, landmark book on counterfeit detection, a man who I highly respect for his contribution to numismatics and I'm supposed to "lighten up"?

Well, BS. Knowledge talks and BS walks. Any reader here with a half a brain can figure that out. Oh, one more thing. mr1931S hereby promises to stay completely out of** burfle23**'s threads from this day forward. Today is 7/23/24. Deal? Can we bury the hatchet?

@CRHer700 Here ya go. ;)

Can you see that on the page still, or did you have a screenshot or something?

@CRHer700 said:

Can still see it along with all of his other comments.

You can't see it because you put him on your ignore list. ;)

@ifthevamzarockin said:

@CRHer700 said:

Can still see it along with all of his other comments.

You can't see it because you put him on your ignore list. ;)

Ahhh, that's why. I've never uses that function before, and I thought that the mods had done something so I can't read them! Silly me.

@ifthevamzarockin said:

@mr1931S said:

Also, who else is on the committee?

@CRHer700 said:
    Also, who else is on the committee?

Just about everyone on the forum, so you are in good company. ;):D

@CRHer700 I like your new sig line. ;):D

@CRHer700 If you promise to worship Bert Harsche above all others mr1931s might forgive you. ;)

@ifthevamzarockin said:
    @CRHer700 I like your new sig line. ;):D

Thanks. I added a link to this thread to the other two links in your new 1909-S thread. I think that someday some more people will read them and see our distress.

@ifthevamzarockin said:
    @CRHer700 If you promise to worship Bert Harsche above all others mr1931s might forgive you. ;)

I worship the Christian God above all others. ;)

• IkesTIkesT Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 23, 2024 4:17PM

@CRHer700 Now you just need to get the moderators to change your user name from 700 to 007.

• mr1931Smr1931S Posts: 6,197 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ifthevamzarockin said:

@mr1931S said:
    I went to Daughtrey's site but could not find pictures of the five 's' positions for the key date 1931-S or I would post them here.

But you are mr1931s why aren't you the one providing the photos?
    Do you become an expert by riding the coat tails of others?
    Someone should provide photos for you so you can prove to everyone what an expert you are?

Why don't you go to CoinFacts, Heratage, or ebay and find your own photos and do some of your own research?
    Maybe you could call your buddy Bert Farcesch and ask him for the photos. ;)

Very little of what is written, no matter a song, a historical treatise, or whatever can be written about is truly original. What writers do is build on the work of others. I make it a point to give proper credit to another when it is due.

Tell you what same deal for you as burfle. I promise to stay out of your threads, resurrected or otherwise, from this day forward. As a parting gift I thought you might like this emoji. I found it on the internet and couldn't resist stealing it. I've actually saved a few select memes from the barrage of memes, I've, well we've received over the last few days. Some of them actually do have some artistic merit. Hope this cheers you up, sunshine. Adios. Let's not meet again.

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.-Albert Einstein

• mr1931Smr1931S Posts: 6,197 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would be remiss were I fail to acknowledge IkesT and his "Harsche work" in this and threads gone bye. Really, good stuff IkesT! Do I have your permission to use the last meme that you posted here in my book currently in the works on Lincoln and Indian Cents of the San Francisco Mint, 1909? I've given thought to cornering the market on Harsche 5th and 6th editions. An ad like this (I see you dotted it ;) ) in my book and brisk sales of Harsche are on the horizon. I would be looking for profits from Harsche publication sales to help offset costs I'm going to have publishing the book. Regardless, thanks again for the 1909-S overlay that almost certainly established that a genuine 1909-S cent was used to make my first 1909-S V.D.B., a genuine 1909-S cent with an added V.D.B.

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.-Albert Einstein

• Manifest_DestinyManifest_Destiny Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭✭✭

• IkesTIkesT Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭✭✭

@mr1931S said:
    I would be remiss were I fail to acknowledge IkesT and his "Harsche work" in this and threads gone bye. Really, good stuff IkesT! Do I have your permission to use the last meme that you posted here in my book currently in the works on Lincoln and Indian Cents of the San Francisco Mint, 1909? I've given thought to cornering the market on Harsche 5th and 6th editions. An ad like this (I see you dotted it ;) ) in my book and brisk sales of Harsche are on the horizon. I would be looking for profits from Harsche publication sales to help offset costs I'm going to have publishing the book. Regardless, thanks again for the 1909-S overlay that almost certainly established that a genuine 1909-S cent was used to make my first 1909-S V.D.B., a genuine 1909-S cent with an added V.D.B.

You may use this one, no charge:

Just wait for the profits to come rolling in.

This discussion has been closed.