Home U.S. Coin Forum

Buffalo Nickel Cud

COINS MAKE CENTSCOINS MAKE CENTS Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭✭✭

Does anyone have any information on this CUD? Is there any records of prices out there anywhere? I can't seem to find anything about it.

Thanks for any help.

New inventory added daily at Coins Make Cents
HAPPY COLLECTING

Comments

• ifthevamzarockinifthevamzarockin Posts: 8,766 ✭✭✭✭✭

I Don't know about value.

Listed as CU-5c-1920-01R

https://cuds-on-coins.com/buffalo-or-indian-head-nickel-cud/

• 291fifth291fifth Posts: 24,297 ✭✭✭✭✭

Too bad it isn't in better condition. The market will set the value.

All glory is fleeting.
  • CRHer700CRHer700 Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭✭✭

@COINS MAKE CENTS said:
    Does anyone have any information on this CUD? Is there any records of prices out there anywhere? I can't seem to find anything about it.

Thanks for any help.

That's a nice cud. At first sight I thought that it was a 1913 T1, but then I looked closer and saw that not only is it a cud, it is also a 1920.

God bless all who believe in him. Do unto others what you expect to be done to you. Dubbed a "Committee Secret Agent" by @mr1931S on 7/23/24. Founding member of CU Anti-Troll League since 9/24/24.

• COINS MAKE CENTSCOINS MAKE CENTS Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ifthevamzarockin said:
    I Don't know about value.

Listed as CU-5c-1920-01R

https://cuds-on-coins.com/buffalo-or-indian-head-nickel-cud/

Thank you for the link

HAPPY COLLECTING

• joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 15,424 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 20, 2024 6:18AM

That one is remarkable, Kevin!
    Yeah, like mentioned,
    "Cuds on Coins"
    LivecoinQandA
    Shaun and Paula, would be very interested to see your Cud!

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • OnWithTheHuntOnWithTheHunt Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭✭✭

A very interesting coin and one of my favorite Buffalo errors. I believe they exist with three different sized cuds in the same area of the coin. I've owned 3 total, 2 of them different, and one I saw for sale on ebay and stupidly passed up. Two had the complete area covered like yours. One was a partial date, similar to yours, that I found in some junk Buffalos and sold for $60. One that had a full date, which I estimated as a G-6 minimum. Bought it for $60 (what a coincidence) and sold it for about $240 at least 5 years ago. There was a couple that were remarkably similar to my full date coin which lingered on ebay literally for years because the sellers were asking something like $800 and $1,100 respectively. The higher priced on eventually sold more recently on a best offer, but have no idea what the seller go. It had to be several hundred dollars, I'd assume. At some point several years ago, I saw one on ebay with about half of Five Cents covered by the cud. Don't remember what that went for. That's the one I should have bought. I now own a very nice NGC AU-53 (BNC-20-6RC) that I purchased at a show for $375. Has about 7/8 the Five Cent area covered. Posted it on the forum a while back with a picture that I had retained of the full date. Fred Weinberg and a couple of others error experts said that they were not a progression and were struck by different dies. I've always regretted selling the others and am always looking for another.

Proud recipient of the coveted "You Suck Award" (9/3/10).
  • SullivanNumismaticsSullivanNumismatics Posts: 842 ✭✭✭✭

Nice cud. You don't see a lot of them on buffalo nickels.

www.sullivannumismatics.com Dealer in Mint Error Coins.
  • CregCreg Posts: 354 ✭✭✭✭

@SullivanNumismatics said:

They ruminated on them, and finally pushed them to the fourth stomach where the intestine extracted the vital nutrients. That’s why.

• Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,916 ✭✭✭✭✭

Quite the cud. Nice piece.

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall, coinsarefun, MichaelDixon, NickPatton, ProfLiz, Twobitcollector,Jesbroken

• CRHer700CRHer700 Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Creg said:

@SullivanNumismatics said:

They ruminated on them, and finally pushed them to the fourth stomach where the intestine extracted the vital nutrients. That’s why.

That's funny.

God bless all who believe in him. Do unto others what you expect to be done to you. Dubbed a "Committee Secret Agent" by @mr1931S on 7/23/24. Founding member of CU Anti-Troll League since 9/24/24.

• BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,781 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Cud makes it look like it's part of the landscape/prairie.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • COINS MAKE CENTSCOINS MAKE CENTS Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BLUEJAYWAY said:
    The Cud makes it look like it's part of the landscape/prairie.

Instead of buffalo on the mound, maybe buffalo on the mountain?

HAPPY COLLECTING

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file