Home U.S. Coin Forum

1832 Half Cent: A Couple of Questions

AotearoaAotearoa Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cohen number? Do you think Verdi-Care would clean up the verdigris? (Coin being auctioned locally)

Smitten with DBLCs.

Comments

• jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,903 ✭✭✭✭✭

C-3, R-2 Nice looking coin. What are you trying to receive for the coin?
    Long soak, 3 months at least, in Olive Oil has been my most successful method. Never used Verdi-care as worried about discoloration.
    Good luck.
    Jim

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain
  • NeophyteNumismatistNeophyteNumismatist Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 19, 2024 6:21PM

Agree that this is a C-3. The repunched "D" in "United" on the reverse is a dead giveaway. My resources call this coin an R.1. I agree that it is in decent shape.

I have used Verdicare, but not on a half cent (only messing with cheaper coins), so I will let others opine on using that product for more expensive coins.

I am a newer collector (started April 2020), and I primarily focus on U.S. Half Cents and Type Coins. Early copper is my favorite.

• AotearoaAotearoa Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jesbroken said:
    C-3, R-2 Nice looking coin. What are you trying to receive for the coin?
    Long soak, 3 months at least, in Olive Oil has been my most successful method. Never used Verdi-care as worried about discoloration.
    Good luck.
    Jim

I am a potential buyer of the coin. Cheers!

Smitten with DBLCs.

• jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,903 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good luck with your decision, hope all works out for you.
    Jim

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file