Home U.S. Coin Forum

PCGS ProcessingTimes...

lkeneficlkenefic Posts: 8,148 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 15, 2024 10:41AM in U.S. Coin Forum

Just curious how long the process is currently taking. I submitted at Baltimore and my order has been "received" as of 6/21. How long have your orders been waiting for authentication and grading... and then moving on to the finalization and encapsulation process... Thanks in advance. Best, Leo

edited Title...

Collecting: Dansco 7070; Middle Date Large Cents (VF-AU); Box of 20;

Successful BST transactions with: SilverEagles92; Ahrensdad; Smitty; GregHansen; Lablade; Mercury10c; copperflopper; whatsup; KISHU1; scrapman1077, crispy, canadanz, smallchange, robkool, Mission16, ranshdow, ibzman350, Fallguy, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, jwitten, Walkerguy21D, dsessom.

Comments

• RiveraFamilyCollectRiveraFamilyCollect Posts: 572 ✭✭✭✭

Give them 2-3 months before you worry about it.
    They aren't exactly quick.

The substantial truth doctrine is an important defense in defamation law that allows individuals to avoid liability if the gist of their statement was true.

• lkeneficlkenefic Posts: 8,148 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, it's 40 business days for Regular Submissions... I was just curious about the breakdown of the process.

Collecting: Dansco 7070; Middle Date Large Cents (VF-AU); Box of 20;

Successful BST transactions with: SilverEagles92; Ahrensdad; Smitty; GregHansen; Lablade; Mercury10c; copperflopper; whatsup; KISHU1; scrapman1077, crispy, canadanz, smallchange, robkool, Mission16, ranshdow, ibzman350, Fallguy, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, jwitten, Walkerguy21D, dsessom.

Here are what my turn around times look like. I think PCGS is fastest after January and slowest after august.

The substantial truth doctrine is an important defense in defamation law that allows individuals to avoid liability if the gist of their statement was true.

• tcollectstcollects Posts: 981 ✭✭✭✭✭

@RiveraFamilyCollect said:
    Here are what my turn around times look like. I think PCGS is fastest after January and slowest after august.

were those received dates about right?

Yes the received dates are accurate

• Klif50Klif50 Posts: 678 ✭✭✭✭

I submit raw coins to Great Collections, they take them, send them off to PCGS (they say they use the most appropriate grading company to grade the coins but mine always seem to go to PCGS). The last batch I sent off took right at 4 months to the day from submission to GC to return and put up for auction. That's not an excessive length of time to wait.

• M4MadnessM4Madness Posts: 214 ✭✭✭

It isn't a grading submission, but I sent off 8 coins for the reholder service. Received 7/5 and shipped today (7/16) -- seven business days.

• PapiNEPapiNE Posts: 300 ✭✭✭

3 crossovers using regular service received 5/31, grading 6/2 and there they remain. No add-on services requested.

USAF veteran 1984-2005

• lermishlermish Posts: 2,581 ✭✭✭✭✭

@M4Madness said:
    It isn't a grading submission, but I sent off 8 coins for the reholder service. Received 7/5 and shipped today (7/16) -- seven business days.

Luck of the draw I guess. This is a reholder:

and so was this...

• MtW124MtW124 Posts: 394 ✭✭✭✭

Turned mine in at central states and still in grading. Not to concerned about it. Have an order in at anacs that I submitted May 4th that had an estimated return ship date of 6-13 and still in processing.

@lermish said:

@M4Madness said:

and so was this...

Best wishes to you. I need to send another reholder in a week or two. Hopefully my luck holds out this one last time.

@M4Madness said:

@lermish said:

@M4Madness said:

and so was this...

Best wishes to you. I need to send another reholder in a week or two. Hopefully my luck holds out this one last time.

My goal was to submit that coin to CAC at the ANA along with another half box of coins...i'm not optimistic that it will be back in my hands in two weeks.

@lermish said:

@M4Madness said:

@lermish said:

@M4Madness said:

and so was this...

My goal was to submit that coin to CAC at the ANA along with another half box of coins...i'm not optimistic that it will be back in my hands in two weeks.

Fingers crossed for you.

I upgraded a coin in my set after sending these off for reholdering. I sure wish I'd have waited, but you just never know when a coin you're looking for will show up. Therefore, I'll just have to suck it up and pay two-way shipping, the order fee, and reholder fee for a single coin. My PCGS subscription expires in September, so I hope I can get it there and back before then.

@M4Madness said:

@lermish said:

@M4Madness said:

@lermish said:

@M4Madness said:

and so was this...

Fingers crossed for you.

I upgraded a coin in my set after sending these off for reholdering. I sure wish I'd have waited, but you just never know when a coin you're looking for will show up. Therefore, I'll just have to suck it up and pay two-way shipping, the order fee, and reholder fee for a single coin. My PCGS subscription expires in September, so I hope I can get it there and back before then.

I had the exact same scenario :/

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file