Home U.S. Coin Forum

New purchase to go with my Boyd’s Battery collection - Beware of imitations! Sagendorph’s Battery

Mr_SpudMr_Spud Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭

I just purchased this Sagendorph’s Battery to go with my Boyd’s Battery collection. Beware of imitations!

Mr_Spud

Comments

• CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,955 ✭✭✭✭✭

Never seen any of those imitations.

Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • gumby1234gumby1234 Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 13, 2024 1:30PM

Right there at the top of the page in bold type " BEWARE OF IMMITATIONS" guess you weren't following that advice ;)

Successful BST with ad4400, Kccoin, lablover, pointfivezero, koynekwest, jwitten, coin22lover, HalfDimeDude, erwindoc, jyzskowsi, COINS MAKE CENTS, AlanSki, BryceM

• Mr_SpudMr_Spud Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 13, 2024 1:58PM

Here’s a bit more info I just found on the imitations

Mr_Spud

• Mr_SpudMr_Spud Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 13, 2024 2:48PM

Apparently Boyd went after the imitators and the case made it all the way to the Supreme Court

Here’s a link to the entire court transcript in case anybody is interested, it’s many pages long and a real nail biter 😉
    https://books.google.com/books?id=87qtRL2WrTAC&q=Boyd#v=snippet&q=Boyd&f=false

Mr_Spud

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file