Home U.S. Coin Forum

How I Stopped Going To Starbucks And Almost Completed A Set Of Mercury Dimes.

hfjacintohfjacinto Posts: 846 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 10, 2024 9:37AM in U.S. Coin Forum

A few years ago I used to drink Starbucks at least once or twice a day. I calculated the cost and I was spending $2000-$3000 on coffee, which was crazy. So I ended up buying a commercial espresso maker. And started making my own espresso drinks.

Comments

• jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 33,423 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 10, 2024 5:43AM

• hfjacintohfjacinto Posts: 846 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 10, 2024 5:44AM

@hfjacinto said:

@jmlanzaf said:
    That's a beautiful coin.

Wtf?

Seriously what is your issue?

Originally, there were no coins in the post so it just seemed like financial advice.

@hfjacinto said:
    @jmlanzaf i was still posting. I was trying to tell a story. Your comment was a little too fast. Please delete it as it’s breaking my story flow.

There is no way to remove the post completely.

• OAKSTAROAKSTAR Posts: 6,651 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

@hfjacinto said:

@jmlanzaf said:
    That's a beautiful coin.

Wtf?

Originally, there were no coins in the post so it just seemed like financial advice.

It's probably good financial advise no matter what. Unless you're independently wealthy, one less Starbucks a week would add up to be real money. In a perfect world: Debt free first, expensive hobbies last.

Disclaimer: I'm not a dealer, trader, grader, investor or professional numismatist. I'm just a hobbyist. (To protect me but mostly you! 🤣 )

@OAKSTAR said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@hfjacinto said:

@jmlanzaf said:
    That's a beautiful coin.

Wtf?

It's probably good financial advise no matter what. Unless you're independently wealthy, one less Starbucks a week would add up to be real money. In a perfect world: Debt free first, expensive hobbies last.

There's a lot of good advice that doesnt belong in a coin forum... like don't buy coins, invest in mutual funds. Or, to your point, pay down your mortgage, don't buy coins.

• braddickbraddick Posts: 23,711 ✭✭✭✭✭

Perhaps the end game of goals is to not have to eliminate one luxury to support another.

Sipping on your Starbucks while viewing your Mercury dime collection, so to speak.

peacockcoins

• JBKJBK Posts: 15,286 ✭✭✭✭✭

Paging @joeykoins . :D

@OAKSTAR said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@OAKSTAR said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@hfjacinto said:

@jmlanzaf said:
    That's a beautiful coin.

Wtf?

There's a lot of good advice that doesnt belong in a coin forum... like don't buy coins, invest in mutual funds. Or, to your point, pay down your mortgage, don't buy coins.

It's about money, coins are money, it belongs here. Unless of course you report me to the MODS and have it removed! 🤣 😂

I'm all in favor.

Advice of the day:
    DON'T BUY COINS, INVEST IN MUTUAL FUNDS!

This discussion has been closed.