Home U.S. Coin Forum

US Mint Processing Sales of 2024 Morgan Dollars on 07/07/2024

DrDarrylDrDarryl Posts: 600 ✭✭✭✭✭

Both my US Mint and CC account shows sales activity (pending) on Sunday, July 7, 2024. So far, the dollar amount is only for 2 purchases. My US Mint account shows Morgan being processed and Peace Dollar is still TBD. CC alerted me of the US Mint sales. Merchant address was 801 9TH ST NW, WASHINGTON, DC 20220 (US Mint Headquarters in Washington DC).

Comments

• 7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭✭✭

what did they charge - old or "new" prices?

Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
    Well, just Love coins, period.
  • smuglrsmuglr Posts: 417 ✭✭✭✭

New for mine, which hardly seems right, since it's the 7th not the 9th, but it is the USM. Returns will be on the way.

• NJCoinNJCoin Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 7, 2024 1:10PM

Yeah. New prices are already on the website for products like these that won't be shipping until after 7/9. I'm sure your charges are pending, not posted, since they won't finalize until after product ships on 7/11.

Please correct me if I am wrong, but, either way, no one is buying anything at old prices that won't be released until new prices go into effect. This is different from a back order that they might accept at old prices while awaiting inventory.

edited July 7, 2024 1:20PM

@smuglr said:
    New for mine, which hardly seems right, since it's the 7th not the 9th, but it is the USM. Returns will be on the way.

Your prerogative. But, what were you expecting? You had since 7/2, when they sent out an e-mail to all subscribers about the price change, to cancel your subscriptions, as many of us did.

You also should know by now that that they do not process changes to subscriptions after 11:59 p.m. 5 days prior to release, which is why your card was pinged today and your coins are on the way. If not, it is prominently displayed on the My Product Subscriptions home page.

Under the circumstances, it will serve you right if they charge you round trip shipping for the return, since you wasted their time and money by thinking you would be an exception to what they clearly state are the rules, both with regard to pricing and with respect to changes to subscriptions.

"Return Policy

If for any reason within 7 days of receiving your product you are dissatisfied with your purchase, you can return the entire product for refund.

Shipping charges will not be refunded for all returns."

I seriously doubt they will make you pay for the free shipping to get the coins to you. It will be interested to see whether they eat return shipping for everyone like you who thought they were kidding about the price increase, and are returning coins over the $15. If not, you'll just be spiting yourself if you pay to return the coins.

• 1madman1madman Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

@smuglr said:

If they ship via ups just refuse delivery when they arrive and you won’t have to worry about doing any return on your own. This is the easiest process.

• psuman08psuman08 Posts: 294 ✭✭✭

My Peace dollars were processed but not my Morgans.

@1madman said:

@smuglr said:

If they ship via ups just refuse delivery when they arrive and you won’t have to worry about doing any return on your own. This is the easiest process.

Actually, no. The easiest process would have been to cancel the subscription after the e-mail went out announcing the price increase a full 5 days before processing began.

Refusing a UPS shipment that does not require a signature is not necessarily easy, and requires the package to actually make it back to the Mint, and for the Mint to actually credit your card, and to not actually deduct anything for shipping after refusing an order you placed, for no reason other than you changed your mind after the window for you to change your mind closed.

Might work out for you. Might not. But definitely not the easiest process, since the odds are high that the package will be left for you, UPS or USPS, without you even being notified, unless you bought more than $600 worth of them.

• HATTRICKHATTRICK Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭✭✭

It’s a miracle !! My addiction to silver coins has been cured by outrageous US Mint prices. 😂

" If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • JBKJBK Posts: 15,286 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 8, 2024 9:53AM

I'm pretty close behind you. I didn't pull the trigger fast enough on canceling the Morgan and Peace subscriptions but I have been weaning myself off of the SE variations for the past few years.

• fathomfathom Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭✭✭

I just cancelled on an old subscription order that was in processing this am because of the price increases.

I will probably take a few at the new price, but not drinking the koolaid on silver prices necessitating this substantial of increase.

• LanLordLanLord Posts: 11,710 ✭✭✭✭✭

Since this solution requires going back in time now, I don’t think it can qualify as the easiest solution any longer.

@NJCoin said:

@1madman said:

@smuglr said:

Actually, no. The easiest process would have been to cancel the subscription after the e-mail went out announcing the price increase a full 5 days before processing began.

Refusing a UPS shipment that does not require a signature is not necessarily easy, and requires the package to actually make it back to the Mint, and for the Mint to actually credit your card, and to not actually deduct anything for shipping after refusing an order you placed, for no reason other than you changed your mind after the window for you to change your mind closed.

Might work out for you. Might not. But definitely not the easiest process, since the odds are high that the package will be left for you, UPS or USPS, without you even being notified, unless you bought more than $600 worth of them.

• BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,358 ✭✭✭✭✭

@1madman said:

@smuglr said:

Not always.
    Did that once. Took a few months and I had to contact USM's customer service a few times as well.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

edited July 8, 2024 4:42PM

@LanLord said:
    Since this solution requires going back in time now, I don’t think it can qualify as the easiest solution any longer.

@NJCoin said:

@1madman said:

@smuglr said:

Yes, of course. Hence the words "would have been." The fact remains that refusing a delivery on a package that does not require a signature is rarely an "easiest solution." Particularly when the mistake was yours, and you are looking for a refund.

• MartinMartin Posts: 922 ✭✭✭✭✭

Any way to know how many of these get sold in the next week or two. Seems like there was a place you could see mint orders weekly.

@Goldbully I’m guessing you would know

Thanks
    Martin

• GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 17,093 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Martin said:
    Any way to know how many of these get sold in the next week or two. Seems like there was a place you could see mint orders weekly.

Thanks
    Martin

Sure Martin, there certainly is......and I will defer to @MetroD who does it best when it comes to modern Mint issues.

Man I’m glad that wasn’t life or death info😂.
    There is a coin like like to know how many they’ve sold this year though.

Martin

• MetroDMetroD Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Goldbully said:

@Martin said:

Thanks
    Martin

Sure Martin, there certainly is......and I will defer to @MetroD who does it best when it comes to modern Mint issues.

@Goldbully - I am humbled by the comment. I do not deserve it, but I am humbled.

Cumulative Sales Figures

For the latest figures, simply enter the Mint item number into the search field (e.g., 24XE).
    Updates are posted weekly on Tuesday, and reflect sales through the previous Sunday.
    Prior reports can be accessed via "select a year".

@MetroD said:

@Goldbully said:

@Martin said:

Thanks
    Martin

@Goldbully - I am humbled by the comment. I do not deserve it, but I am humbled.

Cumulative Sales Figures

For the latest figures, simply enter the Mint item number into the search field (e.g., 24XE).
    Updates are posted weekly on Tuesday, and reflect sales through the previous Sunday.
    Prior reports can be accessed via "select a year".

Great thanks.
    Martin

@MetroD
    Thanks. I did 24ck and came up with nada it’s a current commem do they keep those secret? Untill they go off order

Martin

• MetroDMetroD Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Martin said:
    @MetroD
    Thanks. I did 24ck and came up with nada it’s a current commem do they keep those secret? Untill they go off order

Martin

Link: https://www.usmint.gov/about/production-sales-figures/cumulative-sales

@MetroD

Thank you
    I guess I need to practice a bit

Martin

• DrDarrylDrDarryl Posts: 600 ✭✭✭✭✭

To be received by 12 Noon today (07/12//2024). Only showing the Morgan purchase and UPS shipping.

• cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,760 ✭✭✭✭✭

That was quick

Many happy BST transactions

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file