Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Jut picked up a Snapshot album with photos dated May 1959 looks like Braves vs Red Sox

Trying to find out when game took place? I don't know when they faced each other May'59 or earlier....obviously the May date would show on the photos whenever they were developed. Definitely has pics of Hank Aaron and Ted Williams and it's a day game in Fenway. I found the 1957 Jimmy Fund game was Braves vs Red Sox but it was a night game. Any ideas of when the game would have been? The other odd thing is the Red Sox are listed as visitors but it's in Fenway??

thanks-Claude

Ted Williams #9 at bat

Aaron is on left, #44

Comments

• PatriotTradingPatriotTrading Posts: 327 ✭✭✭

Pretty sweet, thanks for sharing!

• IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2, 2024 4:21AM

I believe the visiting team that day was Baltimore (not Milwaukee)....#44 was Willie Tasby and #14 would be Gene Woodling

The Red Sox aren't shown as the Visitors, the scoreboard shows the score as Visitors 1; Red Sox 1 in the 2nd inning...In looking through the '59 box scores the only game between the two teams in Boston that was 1-1 in the 2nd inning was May 31st that season (Tasby and Woodling were both in the lineup).

IMF

Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • 1966CUDA1966CUDA Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭✭

I love this board! Thanks for the info. Still a cool picture album. Couple shots in the album with Williams at the plate too.

• BBBrkrrBBBrkrr Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭✭✭

There are some wizards working in this place.