Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Non-Sports Card Questions/Advice

Canes8387899101Canes8387899101 Posts: 288 ✭✭✭

A friend of mine purchased several different partial sets of non-sports cards from the 60's. One set is Mars Attacks(42 cards), and the other is the Addams Family.(43 cards) Overall, the condition averages VG for both sets. My first question is should he grade the two unmarked checklists. I believe they are in the 2-3 range. I cannot find any completed sales on ebay for the checklist. Also, are there any other cards in these two sets that are "tough" cards? He does not have the first or last card in the the Addams Family, and the #1 Mars Attacks card is one of the few creased cards. Thanks for the help!

Comments

• Options

Mod,
    I meant to put this in the forum, not BST.

• Options

@Canes8387899101 said:
    Mod,
    I meant to put this in the forum, not BST.

No problem - moved.

• Options
    thedutymon11thedutymon11 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭

Afternoon,

When breaking down Mars Attacks and Addams Family Cards the first thing is that they live in different strata's in the Non Sport World. Mars Attacks are a Blue Chip set and are one of the top 5-10 of All Non Sport Sets from the 1950's-80's. The Addams Family is several rungs down on the ladder and not near worth as much. In fact, you still see entire sets in NM-MT/MT come up on Fee-Bay for a couple hundred bucks if not less a lot of times.

I don't think there are any of the Addams Family individual cards that have any added value. If the Cards are in about that condition I wouldn't Grade any of them. Especially at PSA current costs.

The Mars Attacks, you mention that there are Several Checklist #55, I would Grade Any/All of those. The one you show is probably a VG 3 or 2,5 due to the Factory wrinkle, but still worth $100 at that grade.
    I would Grade any and all of the others that look like they can come back at least a VG-EX 4. These Cards I would grade even if they are somewhat beaters as they still hold some value, the #1 even with a crease, could be a $100-$200 card. Also grade #16, 17, 36, and 41.

I've owned, bought ,sold, Dozens & Dozens sets of these, any questions drop me a PM.

YeeHaw!

Neil

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

Neil's your man. I would go with his advice.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options

Thank you Neil for the help! A friend of mine has a wide variety of non-sports cards from the 60's, but I'm more of the baseball, football, basketball card person, so I'm out of my element. I'll have to check what else he has, but from his pics I recognized the Beatles cards, and the NASA Astronaut cards besides the two I mentioned above.

• Options
    82FootballWaxMemorys82FootballWaxMemorys Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭✭✭

I recall in the 90's Non-Sport cards were going to be THE next big thing. Well there never were...Unless of course one counts TCG as Non Sports...

Mars Attacks yep blue-chip, Adams Family dirt common as 60's cards go.

It's the singer not the song - Peter Townshend (1972)