Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

PWCC Vault Scam

natetrooknatetrook Posts: 611 ✭✭✭

PWCC, now under new management of Fanatics, is so aggressive to move purchased items to the Vault,
it's sickening.

I have not purchased in years, but used to buy/sell with Brett years ago.
If you select a purchase method, but do not go back into your home settings, to direct the item to be mailed to you,
it automatically directs items to the Vault. Then you have to pay 1%-3% of purchase price to retrieve your item out of Vault.

I told them how I was going to pay, but did not complete purchase, and they are saying, sorry, once you
choose a payment method, it automatically goes to Vault, and you will have to wait 90 days and pay 1%, or
3% if requested in 1st 90 days, to retrieve your item. They lack the ability to redirect an item of purchase to mail
to a home address. Even if you haven't paid, they can't or won't adjust an invoice to send item to buyer.

I will not be using PWCC under these conditions, and if you purchase with them, you need every time, before touching the invoice, go back to your home settings and request item be mailed to you. Otherwise your item will be defaulted to Vault,
then you have to pay to get item out of Vault. What a horrible method of business.

Comments

• Options
    bgrbgr Posts: 780 ✭✭✭✭

I wouldn't mind how they operate here if it was a flat fee for cards to get them out of the vault. I guess expensive cards just require more effort than inexpensive cards. The same argument can be made for PSA though charging based on the value.

I appreciate the post though because it's made my rethink how I leverage the vault today.

• Options
    GrooGroo Posts: 121 ✭✭✭
    edited June 21, 2024 11:27AM

Deceptive, shady, and plausibly illegal business practice which they will surely get away with for at least a decade.

As there are some simalarities, keep an eye on the USA vs Adobe case which courts have allowed to proceed

• Options
    DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 3,069 ✭✭✭✭✭

PWCC scam? Say it ain’t so! Wasn’t aware of the fanatics takeover, but guess they couldn’t teach old dogs new tricks.

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, Dwight Evans, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

• Options
    82FootballWaxMemorys82FootballWaxMemorys Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭✭✭

@maddux69 said:
    I have little sympathy for those that use any vault services, much less that of ones who have questionable reputations. It was billed as a sales tax haven and many entrusted their valuable cards to save a few dollars. I’d rather pay the sales tax, have my items in hand and save some piece of mind.

Exactly it's pretty much designed for Flippers. True Sellers of course have re-sale certs

It's the singer not the song - Peter Townshend (1972)

• Options
    bgrbgr Posts: 780 ✭✭✭✭

I’ve used it since they had it for collecting some cards for my 50 bowman bb and fb sets. When I get 10 or so cards in there I would ship. The vault fee I never really noticed because the cards weren’t too expensive. I wouldn’t leave them in there indefinitely. Mostly out of concern Pwcc would cease to exist. It’s just another site to me.

• Options
    ArtVandelayArtVandelay Posts: 667 ✭✭✭✭

I am so shocked that Brent and Betsy would scam. They are the salt of the earth!