Home U.S. Coin Forum

Pasty Takemoto Mink with reverse Cuds.

I just found this quarter and wanted to share it and see what everyone thinks. Because it is the first one I have seen with any kind of error.

Comments

• 291fifth291fifth Posts: 24,260 ✭✭✭✭✭

Die chips?

All glory is fleeting.
  • JBKJBK Posts: 15,277 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cuds are die chips or breaks at the rim.

Die chips elsewhere are die chips. ;)

• Matt97932Matt97932 Posts: 245 ✭✭✭

Thank you for the correction. Has anyone seen this before?

• PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,902 ✭✭✭✭✭

You may want to spell her name correctly in the thread title. It's Patsy rather than Pasty. :D

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.
    "Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value---zero."----Voltaire
    "Everything you say should be true, but not everything true should be said."----Voltaire

• Matt97932Matt97932 Posts: 245 ✭✭✭

Auto correct, I didn't even catch that, but I will from now on. Thank you.

• Jacques_LoungecoqueJacques_Loungecoque Posts: 649 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PerryHall said:
    You may want to spell her name correctly in the thread title. It's Patsy rather than Pasty. :D

That was her main stage name.

Having fun while switching things up and focusing on a next level PCGS slabbed 1950+ type set, while still looking for great examples for the 7070.

• jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,895 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've not seen this exact quarter with the die chip yours show, but have seen many, many others on all denominations and do not know of any collectors paying a premium for them. Good eye to even see it.
    Jim

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain
  • BStrauss3BStrauss3 Posts: 3,365 ✭✭✭✭✭

That seems to be an area of stress on both the obverse and reverse dies - lots of die chips on George's lips and the matching upper right quadrant of the reverse - Bessie Coleman's plane for example. A fair bit of metal has to move to fully form the portrait and the reverse elements.

-----Burton
    ANA 50 year/Life Member (now "Emeritus")
  • Cranium_Basher73Cranium_Basher73 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭✭✭

You call someone "Pasty" if they haven't gotten any sun exposure in a while.....like a vampire.

Throw a coin enough times, and suppose one day it lands on its edge.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file