Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Rip, keep or sell

I know they aren't worth too much, but I'm not sure what I want to do with them. I picked them up for a couple of bucks at a garage sale this past weekend.

Comments

• Options
    maddux69maddux69 Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ripping is fun, but we all know that is usually a losing proposition. Doubt the would grade high so that is out the window. I say sell and use that money to buy something that you really like, congrats on the find. I would be interested if you end up selling. I like having things like this at shows.

• Options
    pab1969pab1969 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭✭✭

@maddux69 said:

Thanks. I also purchased hand collated complete sets from the same sale of 1983, 1984 and 1985 Topps baseball. The sets were complete, and the cards were all in superb condition. I'm torn with the 83 and 84 packs. I would hate to sell them and let a Gwynn, Sandberg, Boggs or Mattingly rookie go.

• Options
    handymanhandyman Posts: 5,262 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 18, 2024 7:36AM

Keep.

• Options
    bgrbgr Posts: 780 ✭✭✭✭

I would check the front and back and if there is any HOFer I would hold on to those. The others I would open knowing it’s mostly trash. Plus I’m not going to let a trip to the World Series or All-Star Game pass me by.

• Options
    GroceryRackPackGroceryRackPack Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd Keep 'em...
    ⚾⚾⚾

• Options
    DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 3,069 ✭✭✭✭✭

My answer is always the same: RIP!

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, Dwight Evans, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

• Options
    waxman2745waxman2745 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭

I would keep one of the 83, 84, and 85, and start an 80s raw pack run. Then rip the other 84 and 4 of the 85 packs.

Adam
    buying O-Pee-Chee (OPC) baseball
  • Options

Build a few Frankenboxes. I did that with some inexpensive '81 Topps Baseball wax just for fun. I'll bust 'em someday when I get bored.

Come on people now. Smile on your brothers.

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 28,287 ✭✭✭✭✭

Those cards have been entombed for around 40 years.

Rip and set them free. 😊

• Options
    miwlvrnmiwlvrn Posts: 4,240 ✭✭✭✭✭

if the packs are legit sealed, I'd consider subbing them if they had a high quality HOF or RC on front or back. Otherwise, I'd rip.

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,286 ✭✭✭✭✭

Curiosity would get the better of me. Open.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options

the stick of gum in there isn't going to get any better. Take it out asap, eat it, and look at what else you missed seeing in your childhood ...