Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Grading question

For those you who use multiple companies to grade for whatever reason, Has anyone used CGC or BEckett Lately? Please share your experience and how long it took. Thanks in advance.

Work hard and you will succeed!!

Comments

• Options
    RonSportscardsRonSportscards Posts: 843 ✭✭✭✭

If PSA has no Oversized special next month, I'm going to try Beckett for the first time.
    I'm hearing they take as long as PSA.

• Options
    olb31olb31 Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭✭✭

@RonSportscards said:
    If PSA has no Oversized special next month, I'm going to try Beckett for the first time.

Yeah. I like Beckett and they grade pretty darn fair, but it takes forever. I was debating on CGC. they have a $9.80 special for 25 cards or more. Sounded decent and they grade a ton of cards, but mainly Pokemon and magic, etc.

• Options
    RonSportscardsRonSportscards Posts: 843 ✭✭✭✭

@olb31 said:

@RonSportscards said:

I was debating on CGC. they have a $9.80 special for 25 cards or more. Sounded decent and they grade a ton of cards, but mainly Pokemon and magic, etc.

CGC has a flat $9 special, partnerning with PWCC.
    Any year. No minimum. Any value. No upcharges.
    The cards are sent to PWCC vault after grading.
    I think the catch is, there are fees involved with vaulting, and I'm not sure if you send the raw cards to PWCC first, or to CGC directly. I would be concerned with the ol' switch-a-roo when sending to a middleman, if that is the case, unless it's a modern serial numbered card.
    I don't know their timelines.

• Options
    olb31olb31 Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭✭✭

what i saw was $11 bulk for 25 or more and if you join for $25, the price is cut to 9.80.