Home U.S. Coin Forum

CACG Holder with CAC in title

howephowep Posts: 71 ✭✭✭

IF CACG holder has 1914 Lincoln Cent CAC MS64RD does that mean it was crossed over from a PCGS/NGC slab with a green sticker

Comments

• Cougar1978Cougar1978 Posts: 8,044 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 15, 2024 6:53AM

That’s (CAC symbol, green bean) on all their holders. If L on holder means a legacy coin. The valuation basis ref for me is CDN CPG / Bid for CAC. The CDN values both (CACG & CAC coins) the same which I strongly agree with. Beyond that it’s up to the seller to set their retail pricing and marketing strategy based on cost, current market conditions, and the quality of the individual coin. Really nice PQ A coins trade the highest.

Coins & Currency
  • BStrauss3BStrauss3 Posts: 3,365 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Cougar1978 said:
    If L on holder means a legacy coin.

I believe they only did the L for a short while.

-----Burton
    ANA 50 year/Life Member (now "Emeritus")
  • MetroDMetroD Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BStrauss3 said:

@Cougar1978 said:
    If L on holder means a legacy coin.

I believe they only did the L for a short while.

I am NOT a CACG expert.

That said, I believe that they are still issuing the 'Legacy designation' on crossover coins that qualify for it.

Legacy Crossover Policy: https://www.cacgrading.com/doc/legacy-crossover-policy/

• JBNJBN Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭✭✭

@messydesk said:
    All it means is that they started prefixing all the grades with CAC about a month or so ago.

Two versions of CAC holders now.

• coinshopcoinshop Posts: 93 ✭✭

Thought the same. New prefix on the holder

I just put it together from scratch. California Coins
    Vintage site: JayCoinShop.com (Both same stuff just different flavors?) #numismaticmetals
    Make some stupid offers now. https://collectorscorner.com/dealer/default.aspx?dealerId=1045&pt=1

• JoeLewisJoeLewis Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭✭

Why does it say CAC and not CACG?

@JBN said:

@messydesk said:
    All it means is that they started prefixing all the grades with CAC about a month or so ago.

Two versions of CAC holders now.

Labels, not holders.

The taxonomy would best be described as {Shell, Insert, Label [variety], Name} - any or all of which may be changed over time

e.g

{Rattler, normal insert, White Label, White Label Rattler}
    {Rattler, normal insert, Green Label, Green Label Rattler}
    {Rattler+Ring, normal insert, Green Label, Green Label Rattler with Ring}

{normal shell, normal insert, Green Label, CACG 2024}
    {normal shell, normal insert, Green Label with L code, CACG Legacy 2024}
    {normal shell, normal insert, Green Label with CAC xx grade, CACG CAC grade 2024}

-----Burton

@JoeLewis said:

@JoeLewis said:

CAC is their company name, CAC New Jersey (stickering) and CAC Virginia Beach (CACG) are their two business lines.

Sort of like Kroger Companies lines: Kroger, Ralphs, Dillons, Smith’s, King Soopers, Fry’s, QFC, City Market, Owen’s, Jay C, Pay Less, Baker’s, Gerbes, Harris Teeter, Pick ‘n Save, Metro Market, Mariano’s, Fred Meyer, Dillons Marketplace, Fry’s Marketplace, King Soopers Marketplace, Kroger Marketplace, Smith’s Marketplace, Food 4 Less, and Foods Co.

-----Burton
  • Cougar1978Cougar1978 Posts: 8,044 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 17, 2024 5:56PM

There is no reason CAC green bean logo should not be on the CACG holder. Prefer it there. There are a number of reasons it should be on the holder.

I prefer the CACG material to the stickered material. My offer higher for the CACG.

Coins & Currency
  • messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 17, 2024 1:42PM

@oreville said:
    Oh now we have CAC 1.0 and CAC 2.0.

Following SemVer, we have CAC 1.0.1. No functionality was added and the slab is backward compatible with the previous ones.

• orevilleoreville Posts: 11,897 ✭✭✭✭✭

@messydesk said:

@oreville said:

Following SemVer, we have CAC 1.0.1. No functionality was added and the slab is backward compatible with the previous ones.

What is SemVer?

A Collectors Universe poster since 1997!
  • messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,879 ✭✭✭✭✭

@oreville said:

@messydesk said:

@oreville said:

What is SemVer?

Semantic Versioning. From the sermver.org website (with my comments about applying it to TPG slabs)

Given a version number MAJOR.MINOR.PATCH, increment the:

MAJOR version when you make incompatible API changes (such as the size and shape of the slab or a break in the grade guarantee across versions)
    MINOR version when you add functionality in a backward compatible manner (such as adding a QR code or RFID chip or other additional information, minor holder changes that remain stacking-compatible with older ones, perhaps a major overhaul in label design to improve legibility and user experience)
    PATCH version when you make backward compatible bug fixes (adding CAC to the grade, minor slab label layout change)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file