Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

March Vintage Special... Anyone received poppage ???

With all of the news/changes/vaults/auction houses.....It really seems like nothing has changed for vintage in a positive way. Grading is 2 to 3 times slower than modern subs. I hear of many modern subs getting grades in a month. Also, the grades for vintage cards have been graded with an ultra strict standard for the most part. To get an 8 on a card like 1956 Topps is almost impossible and a 7 is almost impossible too. Condition sensitive sets are graded even worse. I try to not be completely negative; but I just don't see any progress in the area of anything to do with vintage card grading. Just frustrated.

Comments

• Options
    BBBrkrrBBBrkrr Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭✭✭

I didn't send any in for the special because I was still a bit frustrated by some recent vintage returns.

I did recently send in 2 different submissions last month. They were received on May 15th, and PSA's estimated completion date is August 1 :s (that feels like it's too long)

• Options
    WalkinDudeWalkinDude Posts: 82 ✭✭✭

I have a March vintage special I sent in and arrived on April 12th. It's now on the assembly stage. It's taking a long time. Hope the wait is worth it.

Patrick

• Options
    bgrbgr Posts: 780 ✭✭✭✭

My March vintage just went to QA yesterday.

It wasn’t impressive. But it was expected to be done by June 24th and it’s early so there’s that. As for the grades they were all over the place so I’m waiting to get them in hand to see. A 5 grade level (4-9) spread on cards I evaluated the same way. My poor 68s.

• Options
    Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,244 ✭✭✭✭

Still waiting. Just to be clear the March 2024 Vintage Special. Stuff takes so long that you have to put the year with the month to make sure people know what you are talking about. LOL.