Home U.S. Coin Forum

How much gold is in 24k gold plated ear seeds for acupuncture?

jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,895 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 14, 2024 7:08AM in U.S. Coin Forum

I regularly have ear seeded acupunture in both ears and it tremendously relieves the pain in my hands. The seeds are 24k gold plated and weigh .767 grams(6 weighed 4.6g). I have searched google and while much info is available about seeding points and the fact they are 24k gold plated, but none about the actual gold utilized. I've probably had 2-300 placed in the last year. Just curious as to whether I should have kept them or not? lol
Jim

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain

Comments

• MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,697 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 14, 2024 10:38AM

gold plated anything is keepable, but to give you an idea - the gold plated tribute proof buff sold on tv use 5mg

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,895 ✭✭✭✭✭

6 of these weighs 4.6 grams. I believe I'll start keeping them, just for fun and see what I have in a year or two. Thanks MsM.
    Jim

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file