Home U.S. Coin Forum

Fresh Photos

Eldorado9Eldorado9 Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭✭✭

Our resident expert coin photographer @FlyingAl just snapped these, and I must share.

1917 .50c MS-66 CAC

1941 .50c MS-67+

1915-s .50c MS-65 CAC Eliasberg

1898-s .10c MS-67 CAC Ex Blay

1898 .10c PF-68CAM, CAC Beautiful cameo and color.

Comments

• MFeldMFeld Posts: 13,069 ✭✭✭✭✭

Those are great-looking coins. My favorite is the 1898-S dime.

I must confess, when I saw the title “Fresh Photos” I opened the thread, not knowing if the photos would be of coins or something (else) naughty.😉

Mark Feld* of Heritage Auctions*Unless otherwise noted, my posts here represent my personal opinions.

• P0CKETCHANGEP0CKETCHANGE Posts: 2,417 ✭✭✭✭✭

Stunning examples. Love the deep toning on the 1898. That kind of look is right up my alley.

Nothing is as expensive as free money.

@Eldorado9 said:
    Our resident expert coin photographer @FlyingAl just snapped these, and I must share.

1917 .50c MS-66 CAC

1941 .50c MS-67+

1915-s .50c MS-65 CAC Eliasberg

1898-s .10c MS-67 CAC Ex Blay

1898 .10c PF-68CAM, CAC Beautiful cameo and color.

The 1915-S Barber half looks clean enough to grade 66. In hand, does the luster look subdued or is something else holding it back?

Mark Feld* of Heritage Auctions*Unless otherwise noted, my posts here represent my personal opinions.

• braddickbraddick Posts: 23,711 ✭✭✭✭✭

That 1915-S Barber is mesmerizing!
    Stunning photos, yes- but you've got to have the coins to back that play.

peacockcoins

• FlyingAlFlyingAl Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MFeld - I encouraged Eldo to resubmit the 1915-S for reconsideration. It is, in my opinion, a strong MS66.

Coin Photographer.

@FlyingAl said:
    @MFeld - I encouraged Eldo to resubmit the 1915-S for reconsideration. It is, in my opinion, a strong MS66.

Thanks, Alex and based on the images, I’d do the same.

• jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,902 ✭✭✭✭✭

I absolutely feel that Eldo's coins as you call him are some of the most beautiful "dream" coins I have ever seen and the 15S Barber is gorgeous. I do although think that PCGS and CAC have the coin's grade correctly. With all the chatter on the obverse and the long line that I'm not sure of what caused it on the lower left between Stars 3 and 4 into Ribbon would suffice to assure their grade. I truly think it would have a gold bean if this did not matter. Then that's just my opinion. Again, thanks to Eldorado for sharing such gorgeous coins and to Alex for sharing his photography with us.
    Jim

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain

@jesbroken said:
    I absolutely feel that Eldo's coins as you call him are some of the most beautiful "dream" coins I have ever seen and the 15S Barber is gorgeous. I do although think that PCGS and CAC have the coin's grade correctly. With all the chatter on the obverse and the long line that I'm not sure of what caused it on the lower left between Stars 3 and 4 into Ribbon would suffice to assure their grade. I truly think it would have a gold bean if this did not matter. Then that's just my opinion. Again, thanks to Eldorado for sharing such gorgeous coins and to Alex for sharing his photography with us.
    Jim

At least two of the areas (one of them being at stars 3-4) you pointed out look like light stains or grease to me. As such, I don’t think they would preclude a higher grade.

• @MFeld said:

I must confess, when I saw the title “Fresh Photos” I opened the thread, not knowing if the photos would be of coins or something (else) naughty.😉

It would've been a title mikee999 would used, perhaps? :disappointed:

@Jordanson said:

@MFeld said:

It would've been a title mikee999 would used, perhaps? :disappointed:

"jordanson" tread lightly.
    There are already many of us totally aware you are a mikee alt.

peacockcoins

^^
    For those that need proof:

@mikee999 said:

@Jordanson said:

Same photographic style (plus other 'tells').

peacockcoins

• Seraph21Seraph21 Posts: 48 ✭✭✭

amazing photos and coins!

• Eldorado9Eldorado9 Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭✭✭

@mfeld Thanks for the nice words Sir. The 15-s is superb in hand with a full booming luster. Another Eliasberg very PQ coin.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file