Home U.S. Coin Forum

Coin shops in Birmingham/Hoover area?

erwindocerwindoc Posts: 5,026 ✭✭✭✭✭

Got a baseball trip coming up this week/weekend. Are there any good B&M to visit?

Comments

• FloridafacelifterFloridafacelifter Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭✭✭

It’s pretty sparse territory but I visited Southern Coins and Collectibles. Nice people and some interesting exonumia on display if I remember correctly- it was about a year ago.

• DentuckDentuck Posts: 3,819 ✭✭✭

If you’re into books, you have to visit the “2nd and Charles” bookstore in Hoover. It’s amazing!

• erwindocerwindoc Posts: 5,026 ✭✭✭✭✭

Southern Coins and Collectibles was great! They were very nice and had some cool silver to look at, including a VERY large shipwreck silver bar and some cool civil war stuff too.

Ill check out 2nd and Charles on Sunday after the game.

• Walkerguy21DWalkerguy21D Posts: 11,375 ✭✭✭✭✭

Doc, I’m in Huntsville this weekend, just up the road!

Successful BST transactions with 171 members. Ebeneezer, Tonedeaf, Shane6596, Piano1, Ikenefic, RG, PCGSPhoto, stman, Don'tTelltheWife, Boosibri, Ron1968, snowequities, VTchaser, jrt103, SurfinxHI, 78saen, bp777, FHC, RYK, JTHawaii, Opportunity, Kliao, bigtime36, skanderbeg, split37, thebigeng, acloco, Toninginthblood, OKCC, braddick, Coinflip, robcool, fastfreddie, tightbudget, DBSTrader2, nickelsciolist, relaxn, Eagle eye, soldi, silverman68, ElKevvo, sawyerjosh, Schmitz7, talkingwalnut2, konsole, sharkman987, sniocsu, comma, jesbroken, David1234, biosolar, Sullykerry, Moldnut, erwindoc, MichaelDixon, GotTheBug
  • FloridafacelifterFloridafacelifter Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭✭✭

@erwindoc said:
    Southern Coins and Collectibles was great! They were very nice and had some cool silver to look at, including a VERY large shipwreck silver bar and some cool civil war stuff too.

Ill check out 2nd and Charles on Sunday after the game.

Glad you liked them!

• YorkshiremanYorkshireman Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have had several bad experiences with Ethan, the owner, over the years.
    PM me for details

Yorkshireman,Obsessed collector of round, metallic pieces of history.Hunting for Latin American colonial portraits plus cool US & British coins.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file