Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

PSA 6

I haven't received this card back yet, this is the PSA photo. For it to be a PSA 6 - I am looking for scratch or gloss wear? Just dont understand how this is a 6. Thanks for any input.

Comments

• Options
    DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 3,069 ✭✭✭✭✭

A little off center top to bottom, but no way that’s the reason for a 6. Must be surface, like you said.

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, Dwight Evans, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

• Options
    RufussCkingstonRufussCkingston Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭✭

@DanS832 said:
    I haven't received this card back yet, this is the PSA photo. For it to be a PSA 6 - I am looking for scratch or gloss wear? Just dont understand how this is a 6. Thanks for any input.!

Time for glasses.... This card's a turd! ;)

• Options
    jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭✭

Time for some internet etiquette.

Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets
  • Options
    82FootballWaxMemorys82FootballWaxMemorys Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭✭✭

Based on back of Card only, I would think a 7 is absolute highest possible for a Current Year Modern card.

It's the singer not the song - Peter Townshend (1972)

• Options
    DanS832DanS832 Posts: 47 ✭✭

Ok, thank you, didnt see that, kinda crappy, straight out of the pack and I made sure to handle it with care

• Options
    BBBrkrrBBBrkrr Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭✭✭

ALWAYS check the back. I’ve been burned several times for being too lazy to just turn the card over before subbing. It always sucks when you get the grade back.

• Options

@DanS832 said:
    Ok, thank you, didnt see that, kinda crappy, straight out of the pack and I made sure to handle it with care

Unfortunately you learned what a lot of collectors have had to learn: just because a card is “pack fresh” doesn’t mean it’s “mint.” Tough way to learn though.

Yaz Master Set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, Dwight Evans, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

• Options
    DanS832DanS832 Posts: 47 ✭✭

Yes its a great learning lesson never thought to check the back of a new card. Thank you everyone for your help

• Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,555 ✭✭✭✭✭

Signed with the Dodgers in December of 2023 and Topps still has him as an Angel in a 2024 issue? No excuse.

• Options
    bgrbgr Posts: 780 ✭✭✭✭

Do they still do traded series for MLB?

• Options

@nam812 said:
    Signed with the Dodgers in December of 2023 and Topps still has him as an Angel in a 2024 issue? No excuse.

Good catch.

Yaz Master Set

• Options
    CardGeekCardGeek Posts: 472 ✭✭✭

2024 Topps covers the 2023 season, right? Or does it not work that way anymore?

• Options
    detroitfan2detroitfan2 Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭✭

Where's Chaz when you need him?

• Options
    chaz43chaz43 Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭

Right here....

The back lower left & right corners already justify the grade without even closer inspection... plus edge chipping top and bottom on the back.... not in love with that lower right corner on the front either which turns out to be the lower left corner on the back which is bad.....

PSA 6
    chaz