Home U.S. Coin Forum

Anyone else get an invite to a US Mint survey with questions about Superman and Wonderwoman coins?

KurisuKurisu Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭✭✭

I got a survey emailed to me that seems legit. No personal questions and just questions about which products I previously purchased and might plan to purchase from the US Mint in 2024 and 2025. There was nothing concerning or suspicious about the survey and my virus protection showed it as a safe link.

It included questions about whether I'm a comic book fan and or a music fan.
There were also questions about uncirculated and proof sets and the current and next year's Morgans and Peace dollars.

It mentioned Superman and Wonder Woman Silver and Gold coins that are currently planned.
It also mentioned Aretha Franklin, Dolly Parton, and Selena Gomez commemoratives.

Anyone else receive that survey?
I Googled about these possible coin releases for the US Mint and found nothing.
Just curious...

The emailed invite text is as follows:
United States Mint Product Survey
NAXION, a market research and consulting firm in Philadelphia, is conducting an important survey on behalf of the United States Mint, Department of the Treasury, to gauge interest in a variety of products for the upcoming years.

The survey is strictly voluntary, exclusively for research, not sales, and all responses will be kept anonymous and will be combined with those of other respondents. It should take about 15 minutes of your time. The OMB # is 1525-0012-0060. Please participate within the next seven days. If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to reply to this e-mail.
Take The Survey!

Coins are Neato!

"If it's a penny for your thoughts and you put in your two cents worth, then someone...somewhere...is making a penny." - Steven Wright

Comments

• PeakRaritiesPeakRarities Posts: 3,527 ✭✭✭✭✭

Selena Gomez? Among Aretha and Dolly? SMH….

Founder- Peak Rarities
    Website
    Instagram
    Facebook

• U1chicagoU1chicago Posts: 5,934 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DeplorableDan said:

One of those is not like the others :D

• messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • ColoradoCoinGuyColoradoCoinGuy Posts: 203 ✭✭✭

I have received surveys from the Mint, but they were asking about whether I planned to purchase certain mint products that they produce, in the coming years. I have never received anything like the one you got.

Member of LSCC, EAC, Fly-In Club, BCCS
    Life member of ANA
  • jacrispiesjacrispies Posts: 808 ✭✭✭✭✭

Some T-Swift commems would go crazy in today's era :D

"But seek ye first the kingdom of God and His righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you" Matthew 6:33. Young fellow suffering from Bust Half fever.
    BHNC #AN-10
    JRCS #1606

• emeraldATVemeraldATV Posts: 4,488 ✭✭✭✭✭

• TwobitcollectorTwobitcollector Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭✭✭

It went right in the trash.

Positive BST Transactions with:
    INYNWHWeTrust-TexasNationals,ajaan,blu62vette
    coinJP, Outhaul ,illini420,MICHAELDIXON, Fade to Black,epcjimi1,19Lyds,SNMAN,JerseyJoe, bigjpst, DMWJR , lordmarcovan, Weiss,Mfriday4962,UtahCoin,Downtown1974,pitboss,RichieURich,Bullsitter,JDsCoins,toyz4geo,jshaulis, mustanggt, SNMAN
  • FrazFraz Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 5, 2024 4:00AM

Bad Omen. The end is near.

• jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 33,410 ✭✭✭✭✭

@U1chicago said:

@DeplorableDan said:

Aren't 2 of them alive?

• GoldminersGoldminers Posts: 3,776 ✭✭✭✭✭

Living People on United States Coins?

The United States Congress dictates the laws regarding our coinage so they can also create exceptions to place living people on United States coinage. There have been a few people that have been alive when their images appeared on United States coins. Based on the survey questions, there may be some in Congress who want to add a few more people to the list.

Current list?
    Governor T.E. Kilby on the front of the 1921 Alabama Centennial.
    President Calvin Coolidge on the front of the 1926 Sesquicentennial of American Independence.
    Senator Carter Glass on the front of the 1936 Lynchburg, Virginia, Sesquicentennial coin.
    Senator Joseph T. Robinson on the back of the 1936 Robinson-Arkansas Centennial coin.
    Eunice Kennedy Shriver on the obverse of the 1995 Special Olympics World Games commemorative Silver Dollar.

The 2016 Nancy Reagan first spouse coin was approved while she was alive, but she passed 2 months before it was issued.

@jmlanzaf said:

@U1chicago said:

@DeplorableDan said:

Aren't 2 of them alive?

Yes they are. The post didn’t mention the plan but maybe these would be medals as they can’t be coins for living people on them.

@U1chicago said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@U1chicago said:

@DeplorableDan said:

Aren't 2 of them alive?

Yes they are. The post didn’t mention the plan but maybe these would be medals as they can’t be coins for living people on them.

I'm not saying they couldn't do it. I'm saying WHY would they do it. That would open the door to all kinds of pop culture commems driven by entertainment industry lobbyists.

• WCCWCC Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

@U1chicago said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@U1chicago said:

@DeplorableDan said:

Aren't 2 of them alive?

I'm not saying they couldn't do it. I'm saying WHY would they do it. That would open the door to all kinds of pop culture commems driven by entertainment industry lobbyists.

I'd rate the majority if not all commemoratives for the last several decades with events or themes not worth commemorating.

• KurisuKurisu Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 5, 2024 6:34AM

@jdimmick said:
    I did, but when I entered my age, they said "survey is not for you" and it ended abruptly

The age question was the only question that was close to any type of personal info and it only asked for age, not a birth date.
    Side note, I ALWAYS lie about my age in surveys...up or down a year or two but never my actual age. I said I was 53 which is off by a year.
    I've been ultra careful with personal data throughout the history of the internet.

Coins are Neato!

"If it's a penny for your thoughts and you put in your two cents worth, then someone...somewhere...is making a penny." - Steven Wright

@jmlanzaf said:

@U1chicago said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@U1chicago said:

@DeplorableDan said:

Aren't 2 of them alive?

Same reason as why Canada or Australia has done it-the allure of more sales (even if it doesn’t materialize in reality).

• erscoloerscolo Posts: 574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 5, 2024 7:26AM

Thankfully I have not gotten such a survey, and I doubt it is a real one from the U.S. Mint in any case. Leave it to Canada to due the stupid fantasy stuff, I would not want any of that here, ever. Commemoratives need to be more wisely chosen, and I for one would be quite happy never to see another dead person, character or living person on a coin issued by the mint. Calvin Coolidge is my relative, so I let that one slide. I just need to buy the coin sometime.

• steve_richardsonsteve_richardson Posts: 151 ✭✭✭

I got the survey. Seemed legit. Hopefully they will take my negative response into account, and decide not to make superhero “commemoratives”. But I’m not holding my breath.

• CRHer700CRHer700 Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭✭✭

Did the survey include the graffiti coin?

God Bless, CRHer700 :mrgreen:
    Do unto others what you expect to be done to you.
    Dubbed a "Committee Secret Agent" by @mr1931S on 7/23/24

@WCC said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@U1chicago said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@U1chicago said:

@DeplorableDan said:

Aren't 2 of them alive?

I'd rate the majority if not all commemoratives for the last several decades with events or themes not worth commemorating.

True, depending on your feelings. But at least they almost all commemorate historical events or figures whose history is complete. Selena Gomes is 30.

@U1chicago said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@U1chicago said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@U1chicago said:

@DeplorableDan said:

Aren't 2 of them alive?

Same reason as why Canada or Australia has done it-the allure of more sales (even if it doesn’t materialize in reality).

Did either of them do a 30 year old? UK did the Stones, for example, but they are 80. I could live with Dolly Parton as a living legend. But a 30 year old pop princess?

@jmlanzaf said:

@U1chicago said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@U1chicago said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@U1chicago said:

@DeplorableDan said:

Aren't 2 of them alive?

Did either of them do a 30 year old? UK did the Stones, for example, but they are 80. I could live with Dolly Parton as a living legend. But a 30 year old pop princess?

This is the closest I could remember, a 30 year old (at the time) ski racer.

https://www.powercoin.it/en/cit-coin-invest-ag/1107-tina-maze-official-license-world-ski-champion-silver-coin-5-cook-islands-2013.html

• emeraldATVemeraldATV Posts: 4,488 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ella Fitzgerald

• ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,781 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was thinking the survey might be suspicious because they mention living persons. But I guess they may be referring to medals.

As an aside, I would like to see them issue a Tina Turner American Women quarter!

• PeakRaritiesPeakRarities Posts: 3,527 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Connecticoin said:
    I was thinking the survey might be suspicious because they mention living persons. But I guess they may be referring to medals.

As an aside, I would like to see them issue a Tina Turner American Women quarter!

I don’t find it suspicious at all. It sounds exactly like something the mint would do in 2024 😂.

Founder- Peak Rarities
    Website
    Instagram
    Facebook

• MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,697 ✭✭✭✭✭

United States Mint Product Survey

NAXION, a market research and consulting firm in Philadelphia, is conducting an important survey on behalf of the United States Mint, Department of the Treasury, to identify how it can improve the products and services they offer.

The survey is strictly voluntary, exclusively for research, not sales, and all responses will be kept anonymous and will be combined with those of other respondents. It should take about 10-15 minutes of your time. The OMB # is 1525-0012-0052. Please participate within the next seven days. If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to reply to this e-mail.

Take The Survey!

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,697 ✭✭✭✭✭

that was the text for a more generic survey regarding existing mint products

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file