Home U.S. Coin Forum

Been a while since I said this - two new additions to my Lincoln date set

seanqseanq Posts: 8,621 ✭✭✭✭✭

With one of the 1982 zinc varieties notably excepted, my date set of clipped Lincolns is complete to 2008, when the various design changes made a truly complete set impractical. I have been adding Shield cents to the set here and there, but I have not pursued them with the same passion as I did the wheats and memorials.

That all said, two coins popped up on eBay in the past week at reasonable prices, so into the album they went tonight.

The 2023 is small but genuine, and is now the newest coin in the set. I still don't have any 2022 clips, and I have just a lonely Denver example from 2021.

Sean Reynolds

Incomplete planchets wanted, especially Lincoln Cents & type coins.

"Keep in mind that most of what passes as numismatic information is no more than tested opinion at best, and marketing blather at worst. However, I try to choose my words carefully, since I know that you guys are always watching." - Joe O'Connor

Comments

• BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,480 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats! Hard work early usually creates lengthy periods of nothingness later on

• MartinMartin Posts: 922 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have longed admired your dedication to that set

Martin

• WaterSportWaterSport Posts: 6,757 ✭✭✭✭✭

Never give up the hunt!

WS

Proud recipient of the coveted PCGS Forum "You Suck" Award Thursday July 19, 2007 11:33 PM and December 30th, 2011 at 8:50 PM.
  • OAKSTAROAKSTAR Posts: 6,612 ✭✭✭✭✭

You sure are laser focused and dedicated to clips! I like that! 👍 👍

Disclaimer: I'm not a dealer, trader, grader, investor or professional numismatist. I'm just a hobbyist. (To protect me but mostly you! 🤣 )

• ShurkeShurke Posts: 313 ✭✭✭✭

Nice pick-ups! Is there a link to some place where we can view this set? I’d like to check it out.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file