Home U.S. & World Currency Forum
Options

1928 $20 dollar bill, how much is it worth?

Comments

• Options
    Steve_in_TampaSteve_in_Tampa Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭✭✭

The OP’s note minus the background noise…

• Options
    ChoppyChoppy Posts: 22

That's a very nice note. Highly unlikely that it's been in circulation for nearly 100 years.

How did "Becky" acquire this note? Did someone find it in an old purse in Grandma's closet?

• Options
    mikee999mikee999 Posts: 619 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Choppy said:
    That's a very nice note. Highly unlikely that it's been in circulation for nearly 100 years.

How did "Becky" acquire this note? Did someone find it in an old purse in Grandma's closet?

Denise owns the bill. She's a friend of Becky & me. Both knew I'm a coin collector.
    I do not know the bill's history.
    My best guess is Deniise inherited it.

• Options
    sellitstoresellitstore Posts: 2,623 ✭✭✭✭✭

A conservative estimate would be $100-$150.

A certified VF25 (similar grade) sold for $192 in a Heritage auction about one week ago, a retail price for a certified example.

Collector and dealer in obsolete currency. Always buying all obsolete bank notes and scrip.
  • Options
    ChoppyChoppy Posts: 22

@mikee999 said:

@Choppy said:

Denise owns the bill. She's a friend of Becky & me. Both knew I'm a coin collector.
    I do not know the bill's history.
    My best guess is Deniise inherited it.

That's cool! My Dad passed away last fall, and he and my Mom liked to squirrel away money in jacket pockets, books, etc. So, as I go through their estate, I search every item of clothing that they left behind - including her purses! - before we donate them.