Home Coin Swaps, Tags and Giveaways
Options

[CLOSED] LordM CU giveaway, June, 2024 (pick your prize)

2»

Comments

• Options
    No HeadlightsNo Headlights Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭✭✭

1896 Morgan dollar. Like the look of the coin. Thank you for the opportunity.

• Options
    sylsyl Posts: 918 ✭✭✭

I'm in for the 1864 US 2 cent. It's the year that I graduated high school and I have other US coins 100 years from that date, but not the 2 cents. Thanks again for your giveaways.

• Options
    hummingbird_coinshummingbird_coins Posts: 510 ✭✭✭✭

@syl said:
    I'm in for the 1864 US 2 cent. It's the year that I graduated high school and I have other US coins 100 years from that date, but not the 2 cents. Thanks again for your giveaways.

"It" being 1964, I presume.

Young Numismatist • My Toned Coins
    Life is roadblocks. Don't let nothing stop you, 'cause we ain't stopping. - DJ Khaled

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,423 ✭✭✭✭✭

@hummingbird_coins said:

@syl said:

"It" being 1964, I presume.

No, @syl is really 178 years old. 😂

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    ArchaninatorArchaninator Posts: 823 ✭✭✭

2015 Libertad. I do not own a Libertad yet, due to premiums. Thank you :)

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,765 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the chance on this sweltering Saturday. I chose the 24 Peace dollar because as a kid in Brooklyn, I could walk in a bank with a hand full of change and get a Peace dollar. That's something. Have a good day. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall, coinsarefun, MichaelDixon

• Options
    erwindocerwindoc Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ill toss my daugher's name in the hat. Ill let her pick a prize if she is drawn.

• Options
    SoldiSoldi Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭✭✭

Roman Provincial (Moesia, Nicopolis): ca. 193-211 AD bronze Æ18 of Septimius please

• Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,827 ✭✭✭✭✭

Who doesn't love a giveaway, and it's fun reading the choices and reasonings. I really like the United States: 1864 bronze 2-cent piece. I recently bought one and it sure would be nice to have two twos too to compare them!!! (Can't believe I strung four twos together in a sentence!)

• Options
    DallifeDallife Posts: 73 ✭✭✭

I'd pick the Roman Provincial because it's such a neat history piece and I've dreamed of owning something like that.
    Thank you for the chance!

• Options

Thank you!

I think I’d pick the “Hungary: 1550-KB silver denar of Ferdinand I”. Because I don’t have any coins from that era, and have ancestors from Hungary.

• Options
    lkeneficlkenefic Posts: 8,046 ✭✭✭✭✭

Count me in! I'm looking at that 1838 Large Cent... perfect for the album! Thanks for the chance... :smile:

Collecting: Dansco 7070; Middle Date Large Cents (VF-AU); Box of 20;

Successful BST transactions with: SilverEagles92; Ahrensdad; Smitty; GregHansen; Lablade; Mercury10c; copperflopper; whatsup; KISHU1; scrapman1077, crispy, canadanz, smallchange, robkool, Mission16, ranshdow, ibzman350, Fallguy, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, jwitten, Walkerguy21D, dsessom.
  • Options
    smuglrsmuglr Posts: 408 ✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the chance - the 1919 Canada large cent - I have an interest in that time of history and I really like the George V depiction.

• Options
    JimWJimW Posts: 547 ✭✭✭✭

The 43 in the older NGC holder speaks to me. Thanks Rob!

Successful BST Transactions: erwindoc, VTchaser, moursund, robkool, RelicKING, Herb_T, Meltdown, ElmerFusterpuck

• Options
    ZoidMeisterZoidMeister Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭✭✭

'One foot in each pond' entry for the Cappadocian!

Z

A couple more from my damaged coin collection.

Busy chasing Carr's . . . . . woof!

Successful BST transactions with: Bullsitter, Downtown1974, P0CKETCHANGE, Twobitcollector, AKbeez, DCW, Illini420, ProofCollection, DCarr, Cazkaboom, RichieURich, LukeMarshall, carew4me, BustDMs, coinsarefun, PreTurb, felinfoal, jwitten, GoldenEgg, pruebas, lazybones, COCollector, CuKevin, MWallace, USMC_6115, NamVet69, zippcity, . . . . who'd I forget?

• Options
    AotearoaAotearoa Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭✭✭

The 1836 dime. I’ve never owned a coin from that series. Thanks!

Smitten with DBLCs.

• Options
    rte592rte592 Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭✭✭

Where have I been. Must have overlooked this post giveaway.
    I guess I've been staying busy. Not that that's a bad thing :D
    Bolivia (Spanish Colonial, Potosí): silver 1-real, "cob" looks like it has some honest wear...must have some secrets? :o

• Options
    MaineJimMaineJim Posts: 743 ✭✭✭✭✭

They are all fine looking specimens, very generous of you. I would likely choose the United States: 1873 silver Seated Liberty quarter, arrows at date, Open 3 variety (ANACS G4). It would fill a hole in my homemade typeset binder which has mostly been filled with finds from circulation(CRH) or metal detecting. I enjoyed just looking at the photos on the link.

Thanks,

Jim

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,423 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 30, 2024 11:13PM

Welcome to July, everyone. I have done the random drawing. Here's how I did it. I numbered all the replies to this thread (there were 68), and used a random number generator to select one.

The lucky number was 28.

Post #28 was by @MWK .

@MWK said:
    The Gordian III coin catches my eye. I'm always amazed by very old things that manage to survive and still be in good condition. I wouldn't be surprised if coins circulating at the time of this coin's minting were in worse condition.

@MWK- if the Gordian III antoninianus is your final selection, it is yours. Be aware that I did add some new prizes to the Giveaway Gallery over the month, however, so have one last look before you make your final choice, and let me know. I shall message you shortly.

Two more things-

One, please be sure to post to this thread later, once you have received the prize, just so we'll know you got it.

Two, please be aware that we are experiencing postal problems with outgoing mail in Georgia. One of our senators is grilling the Postmaster General about it. I have had had outgoing domestic packages take as long as three and a half weeks to reach their destination in recent months. But the stuff does eventually get there. Hopefully our USPS problems have improved, and it won't take as long for your prize to reach you.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    ZoidMeisterZoidMeister Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats @MWK !

Z

Busy chasing Carr's . . . . . woof!

Successful BST transactions with: Bullsitter, Downtown1974, P0CKETCHANGE, Twobitcollector, AKbeez, DCW, Illini420, ProofCollection, DCarr, Cazkaboom, RichieURich, LukeMarshall, carew4me, BustDMs, coinsarefun, PreTurb, felinfoal, jwitten, GoldenEgg, pruebas, lazybones, COCollector, CuKevin, MWallace, USMC_6115, NamVet69, zippcity, . . . . who'd I forget?