Home Metal Detecting

Got my first ring yesterday Gold Silver and small diamonds

Clackamas1Clackamas1 Posts: 873 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2, 2024 11:03AM in Metal Detecting

Finally went out to work the old farm lady across the streets house. She has lived there since the 50's and it was built in 1910. So much junk and for a kind of newb really hard to work. Finally I got fed up and on my Garrett 300 turned the sensitivity way down and only dug good hits. Bam! picked up 3 silver dimes in about 30 minutes a nickel then the gold ring. It came in weird kind of like a nickel but different. It was the oddest hit of the day and after having dug copper pipe fittings and so much aluminum I was skeptical but it was odd in enough. It is not a great ring, it is 10Kt. G.F. with a sterling band and inset diamonds.

Dug a couple more dimes and a handful of pennies. None of the coins were pre 1950. It was a hard place with so many buried old gravel driveways there was little intact old dirt. It was however the old dirt that all the silver and ring came from.

It is not my best find I have found two meteorites and a gold set of earrings in the past but that was years ago and to date I probably have less than 30 hours behind a machine.

Comments

• Bayard1908Bayard1908 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2, 2024 8:15PM

Usually the "diamonds" in an actual 10K ring are not real diamonds. I would be shocked to see real diamonds in any gold filled or heavy gold electroplate ring.