Home U.S. Coin Forum

27-D Peace in 27-S holder on GC

There appears to be an error in a listing on GC.

https://www.greatcollections.com/Coin/1595375/1927-S-Peace-Silver-Dollar-PCGS-AU-53

If you zoom in on the mm, it looks like it’s actually a D. I emailed customer support to bring this to their attention, but is there anything else I should do? The listing ends today.

Comments

• IkesTIkesT Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭✭✭

@steve_richardson said:
    I emailed customer support to bring this to their attention, but is there anything else I should do?

No, they'll see your email.

• steve_richardsonsteve_richardson Posts: 151 ✭✭✭

@IkesT said:

@steve_richardson said:
    I emailed customer support to bring this to their attention, but is there anything else I should do?

Thank you!

• ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,781 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow that one slipped through PCGS, the owner of the coin (hopefully not intentionally), and GC!

• 1tommy1tommy Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭✭✭

@IkesT said:

@steve_richardson said:

I sent them a note about the 1957 d engraved tail feathers Washington Quarter two weeks before the auction date and never got a reply and they did not stop auction. The coin was not the right variety.

Enjoy Tom

https://youtube.com/watch?v=UayFm2yCHV8
    I used to be famous now I just collect coins.

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.
  • IkesTIkesT Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2, 2024 4:08PM

@RadioContestKing said:

@IkesT said:

@steve_richardson said:

I sent them a note about the 1957 d engraved tail feathers Washington Quarter two weeks before the auction date and never got a reply and they did not stop auction. The coin was not the right variety.

Enjoy Tom

I have reviewed all 3 examples of this variety that have sold on Great Collections and all are correctly attributed.

Like @TomB , I have also notified Great Collections on occasion about these types of problems, and they have always responded promptly and corrected the problem.

• PeakRaritiesPeakRarities Posts: 3,527 ✭✭✭✭✭

Founder- Peak Rarities
    Website
    Instagram
    Facebook

• steve_richardsonsteve_richardson Posts: 151 ✭✭✭

The posting has been taken down. Ian email that they will fix it before re-listing for auction.

Thank you @ianrussell and the GC team!

• ianrussellianrussell Posts: 2,482 ✭✭✭✭✭

@RadioContestKing said:

@IkesT said:

@steve_richardson said:

Enjoy Tom

Hi - we did respond (perhaps check your spam folder, and add info@greatcollections.com to your address book) - and appreciate you letting us know. In this case, we had to have the grading service review - and did not have the answer in time - we ended up canceling the sale and currently getting it fixed.

(This assumes we're referring to the same coin).

Regards,

• Ian
    Ian Russell
    Owner/Founder GreatCollections
    GreatCollections Coin Auctions - Certified Coin Auctions Every Week - Rare Coins & Coin Values

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file