Home U.S. Coin Forum

Hi can anyone tell me. Why the is lines all over this 1997 one cent coin . Thanks for your help

Comments

• CRHer700CRHer700 Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just either gas bubbles or die polish. Nothing important.

God Bless, CRHer700 :mrgreen:
    Do unto others what you expect to be done to you.
    Dubbed a "Committee Secret Agent" by @mr1931S on 7/23/24

• jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 33,427 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CRHer700 said:

Bubbles? I agree it could be a plating issue but blisters don't line up.

• FrazFraz Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭✭✭

Big—the planchet metal of zinc cents is inconsistent. You’ll see a thousand crazy (worthless) things after a while. Search documented types and MSs.

• Slade01Slade01 Posts: 294 ✭✭✭

Stop looking at common coins under a microscope and you will have a chance to actually find real errors.
    And must you post every common cent that you find?
    Try to figure out some on your own, that is how one learns, not by asking someone else the answer every time.

• hi what this website?????? all about . this website is not made to go and tell every one to go learn your self . its on here to help every on even you i am learning lots from this websit about usa coins .I no lot more now then i did in the past .From this website thanks to all who as help do that

• renomedphysrenomedphys Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’ll tell you what my sixth grade teacher had posted at the front of the classroom: “The only dumb question is the one you didn’t ask.”

Bit of a pun if you ask me 😜

• jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 33,427 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Bigbob63 said:
    hi what this website?????? all about . this website is not made to go and tell every one to go learn your self . its on here to help every on even you i am learning lots from this websit about usa coins .I no lot more now then i did in the past .From this website thanks to all who as help do that

To be fair, this website is very educational BUT it is not actually designed as an answer factory. Its a forum for collectors to gather.
    We are hobbyists not paid consultants.

That said, post your questions. Ignore the negative responses. Please. If you get into squabbles, it just fuels the negative responses.

• IkesTIkesT Posts: 2,935 ✭✭✭✭✭

• CRHer700CRHer700 Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

@CRHer700 said:

Bubbles? I agree it could be a plating issue but blisters don't line up.

Just giving an answer, he probably wasn't going to listen anyway. It is a .001% chance though.

God Bless, CRHer700 :mrgreen:
    Do unto others what you expect to be done to you.
    Dubbed a "Committee Secret Agent" by @mr1931S on 7/23/24

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file