Home U.S. Coin Forum

2 Newps from CSNS, just back from my copy stand

renomedphysrenomedphys Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 27, 2024 5:46PM in U.S. Coin Forum

One of these came from the floor, the other from the auction. Anyone care to GTG? CAC? In the case of the large cent, there’s plenty of meat for a proper attribution.

Comments

• JimTylerJimTyler Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 27, 2024 6:00PM

Both are damn nice 👍
    Just noticed upside down head on reverse, how cool is that.

• Walkerguy21DWalkerguy21D Posts: 11,377 ✭✭✭✭✭

That ‘98 large cent is killer!
    I’ll guess AU55.

Successful BST transactions with 171 members. Ebeneezer, Tonedeaf, Shane6596, Piano1, Ikenefic, RG, PCGSPhoto, stman, Don'tTelltheWife, Boosibri, Ron1968, snowequities, VTchaser, jrt103, SurfinxHI, 78saen, bp777, FHC, RYK, JTHawaii, Opportunity, Kliao, bigtime36, skanderbeg, split37, thebigeng, acloco, Toninginthblood, OKCC, braddick, Coinflip, robcool, fastfreddie, tightbudget, DBSTrader2, nickelsciolist, relaxn, Eagle eye, soldi, silverman68, ElKevvo, sawyerjosh, Schmitz7, talkingwalnut2, konsole, sharkman987, sniocsu, comma, jesbroken, David1234, biosolar, Sullykerry, Moldnut, erwindoc, MichaelDixon, GotTheBug
  • renomedphysrenomedphys Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • OAKSTAROAKSTAR Posts: 6,655 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very nice!! 👍

Disclaimer: I'm not a dealer, trader, grader, investor or professional numismatist. I'm just a hobbyist. (To protect me but mostly you! 🤣 )

• Walkerguy21DWalkerguy21D Posts: 11,377 ✭✭✭✭✭

@renomedphys said:
    Nice guess @Walkerguy21D you got it!

Thanks.
    I’ll go a step further and guess that it’s an S-174, and likely in the condition census for the variety.

Successful BST transactions with 171 members. Ebeneezer, Tonedeaf, Shane6596, Piano1, Ikenefic, RG, PCGSPhoto, stman, Don'tTelltheWife, Boosibri, Ron1968, snowequities, VTchaser, jrt103, SurfinxHI, 78saen, bp777, FHC, RYK, JTHawaii, Opportunity, Kliao, bigtime36, skanderbeg, split37, thebigeng, acloco, Toninginthblood, OKCC, braddick, Coinflip, robcool, fastfreddie, tightbudget, DBSTrader2, nickelsciolist, relaxn, Eagle eye, soldi, silverman68, ElKevvo, sawyerjosh, Schmitz7, talkingwalnut2, konsole, sharkman987, sniocsu, comma, jesbroken, David1234, biosolar, Sullykerry, Moldnut, erwindoc, MichaelDixon, GotTheBug
  • coinbufcoinbuf Posts: 11,137 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great coins for sure, as the cat is out of the bag on the large cent I'm guessing MS68 on the 43-S.

My Lincoln Registry
    My Collection of Old Holders

Never a slave to one plastic brand will I ever be.
  • renomedphysrenomedphys Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 27, 2024 8:47PM

Yup and yup 👍🏻

Bit actually, the coin isn’t in the census. Still no worse than 5th finest known, and I personally love the faded mint color on both sides so really what more could you want?

The 43-s was bought for inclusion in my 1c type set and I’ve really been looking for a nice one for like TWO YEARS and finally was able to buy this one.

Both are CAC’d. the LC came from John at CRO and the 43-s was the nicest of the three in terms of eye appeal and quality in the Heritage auction. I didn’t have to pay through the nose for either one but they weren’t cheap either.

• skier07skier07 Posts: 3,917 ✭✭✭✭✭

That’s a great looking LC. Congrats!

• Jacques_LoungecoqueJacques_Loungecoque Posts: 660 ✭✭✭✭✭

@renomedphys said:

The 43-s was bought for inclusion in my 1c type set and I’ve really been looking for a nice one for like TWO YEARS and finally was able to buy this one.

Loving that polish on that steelie. And you’re 100% right. While there’s no drought of 67’s and 68’s, finding just the right one and at just the right price….. challenging indeed.

Nice job! 👍🏻

Having fun while switching things up and focusing on a next level PCGS slabbed 1950+ type set, while still looking for great examples for the 7070.

• MWallaceMWallace Posts: 4,020 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice coins. I've been looking for a nice 1943-S. They are harder to find than most would think.

• CopperindianCopperindian Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭✭✭

The 1943 is the toughest of all 3 in 67 & 68.

“The thrill of the hunt never gets old”

PCGS Registry: Screaming Eagles
    Copperindian

Retired sets: Soaring Eagles
    Copperindian

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file