Home U.S. Coin Forum

Date run of bullion silver eagles

YorkshiremanYorkshireman Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭✭✭

I recently came across a small hoard of bullion 1oz silver eagles with dates going back to 1986, to include 1989,1991,1993,1998,1999,2003,2004,2006,2012, 2015
Are any of the earlier dates really bringing premiums?

Yorkshireman,Obsessed collector of round, metallic pieces of history.Hunting for Latin American colonial portraits plus cool US & British coins.

Comments

• jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 33,427 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not much on those dates. The 86 carry a retail premium but good luck trying to access it

• MeltdownMeltdown Posts: 8,752 ✭✭✭✭✭

94 and 96 bring premiums if I remember correctly.

• fathomfathom Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭✭✭

86, 90 and 96 have little premiums but they must have no spots or ticks. That is just a general perception off ebay.

@Meltdown said:
    94 and 96 bring premiums if I remember correctly.

He didn't have those.

edited May 27, 2024 9:28AM

@fathom said:
    86, 90 and 96 have little premiums but they must have no spots or ticks. That is just a general perception off ebay.

He didn't have 90 or 96. The problem is realizing that premium outside of a show or BM. For example M Barr coins is selling 1990 ASEs for $42.92 on ebay with free shipping. Even with 7% fees and shipping, you would only net about $36 which is pretty much the going rate for a silver eagle, maybe a buck over.

• YorkshiremanYorkshireman Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭✭✭

My year old Greysheet listed 1986 & 1999s at premiums.
    Can anyone shared their bids now?

Yorkshireman,Obsessed collector of round, metallic pieces of history.Hunting for Latin American colonial portraits plus cool US & British coins.
  • fathomfathom Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

@fathom said:

He didn't have 90 or 96. The problem is realizing that premium outside of a show or BM. For example M Barr coins is selling 1990 ASEs for $42.92 on ebay with free shipping. Even with 7% fees and shipping, you would only net about $36 which is pretty much the going rate for a silver eagle, maybe a buck over.

He asked generally if any of the early dates have premiums or I took it that way.

Git it Gomer Pyle? I'm kidding.

You are the definitive Ombudsman of the forum.

Appreciate your posts. Salute.

@fathom said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@fathom said:

He asked generally if any of the early dates have premiums or I took it that way.

Git it Gomer Pyle? I'm kidding.

You are the definitive Ombudsman of the forum.

Appreciate your posts. Salute.

No harm intended. I took it the other way s he listed the dates before asking. But mostly I was trying to point out how hard it is to realize the small premiums that exist. They are just not large enough to even allow for shipping in most cases. The 96 might be the exception although I always see more offers than purchases for that.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file