Home Q & A Forum

Steel 1943 wheat penny No Mint mark?

Hello all you fine fellow’s and Gals. I’ve come across this 1943 Steel wheat penny with no mint. Can someone shed some light for me about this penny. Thanks. So Much.

Comments

• IkesTIkesT Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 25, 2024 6:00PM

• lcutlerlcutler Posts: 544 ✭✭✭✭

Cents were minted out of steel in 1943 because copper was needed for the war effort. They were minted in huge numbers and are still readily available today. Not much value but a nice piece of history.

• Thanks Very much ICutler I appreciate your help, Take care. Have a great Day. Take care.

• Do you all not see the double on the face ???

• PrimeCoin1PrimeCoin1 Posts: 11
    edited May 26, 2024 6:36PM

I don’t get it? Why can’t this be seen as an error. Is this not obviously an error??? What gives.

edited May 26, 2024 6:37PM

I’ve searched the entire net for something similar. I can’t find one.

edited May 26, 2024 7:38PM

Ob
    v no
    Absolutely No doubling of the face on this one I have.

• USA peace Dollar?

• lcutlerlcutler Posts: 544 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 27, 2024 2:24AM

If you want information on something specific on a coin, then you need to explain exactly what you want to know, for instance, "What caused the doubling on Lincoln's bust?" There are several types of doubling, most of which are not considered errors and add no value, the steel cents were plagued by die deterioration so most likely that or some machine doubling. Someone more focused on doubling will most likely respond. Again, with a question like "USA Peace Dollar?" The only answer is, yes it is a USA Peace Dollar, if you have a specific question about it, I would suggest starting another thread and ask exactly what you want to know.

• GreenstangGreenstang Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭✭

Agee with Icutler
    Besides being specific in what you want to know (this way we are not guessing)
    please post each coin on a different thread. It gets confusing when there is more
    than one coin per post.

• JWPJWP Posts: 20,875 ✭✭✭✭✭

The 1st time a cent had a P mint mark was 2017. This was in celebration the US Mints 225th anniversary. The P mint mark was removed in 2018.

USN & USAF retired 1971-1993
    Successful Transactions with more than 100 Members