Home U.S. Coin Forum

New error for my Buffalo Set

VetterVetter Posts: 836 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 23, 2024 3:18PM in U.S. Coin Forum

A big thank you to Seanq for helping me add a new coin for my Buffalo error set. It’s pretty spectacular imho.
Broadstruck with a straight clip. It’s the only one I’ve ever seen.

Members I have done business with:
Silverman68, jfoot13, GAB, ricman, Smittys, scrapman1077, RyGuy, Connecticoin, Meltdown, VikingDude, Peaceman, Patches and more.

Comments

• MWallaceMWallace Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭✭✭

That is MAJOR COOL!!

• johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 28,047 ✭✭✭✭✭

no argument with that, congrats on the score

• ShurkeShurke Posts: 312 ✭✭✭✭

Wowza!

• 1Bufffan1Bufffan Posts: 638 ✭✭✭

That is one Great Looking Error, only thing that could make it Better is if it did not have the letter "F" which would be way rare. Thanks for sharing.

• seanqseanq Posts: 8,621 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am happy that you like the coin. I have a friend who is breaking up a large error collection, this was one of the nicer pieces he had. I was very pleased to help place it into such a special collection where it would be equally treasured.

Sean Reynolds

Incomplete planchets wanted, especially Lincoln Cents & type coins.

"Keep in mind that most of what passes as numismatic information is no more than tested opinion at best, and marketing blather at worst. However, I try to choose my words carefully, since I know that you guys are always watching." - Joe O'Connor
  • VetterVetter Posts: 836 ✭✭✭✭✭

@1Bufffan said:
    That is one Great Looking Error, only thing that could make it Better is if it did not have the letter "F" which would be way rare. Thanks for sharing.

Or if it was on the rare 16/16 which would have put this way out of my reach to afford.

Silverman68, jfoot13, GAB, ricman, Smittys, scrapman1077, RyGuy, Connecticoin, Meltdown, VikingDude, Peaceman, Patches and more.
  • MarkKelleyMarkKelley Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm green with envy.

• horseyridehorseyride Posts: 153 ✭✭✭

Curious how they decide the clip was done at the mint rather than behind someone's garage?

• FredWeinbergFredWeinberg Posts: 5,788 ✭✭✭✭✭

I love double error buffaloes like that – a great example – congratulations

Retired Collector & Dealer in Major Mint Error Coins & Currency since the 1960's.Co-Author of Whitman's "100 Greatest U.S. Mint Error Coins", and the Error Coin Encyclopedia, Vols., III & IV. Retired Authenticator for Major Mint Errors
    for PCGS. A 49+-Year PNG Member...A full numismatist since 1972, retired in 2022
  • MarkKelleyMarkKelley Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 23, 2024 9:31AM

@horseyride said:
    Curious how they decide the clip was done at the mint rather than behind someone's garage?

The main diagnostic is that the design fades out toward the clipped edge, If this were done after striking, the design would be bold all the way to the edge,

• coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,997 ✭✭✭✭✭

Terrific error- congrats

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• jfriedm56jfriedm56 Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow, what a terrific looking double error. Congrats on a nice score!

• VetterVetter Posts: 836 ✭✭✭✭✭

@seanq said:
    I am happy that you like the coin. I have a friend who is breaking up a large error collection, this was one of the nicer pieces he had. I was very pleased to help place it into such a special collection where it would be equally treasured.

Sean Reynolds

Yes, it joins my other errors and it fits in nicely.

• LeeBoneLeeBone Posts: 4,399 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very cool B)

• ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,781 ✭✭✭✭✭

That is an awesome coin! I have been so cynical about opening “error” threads lately I was expecting a scratched 1937 parking lot coin

• BuffaloIronTailBuffaloIronTail Posts: 7,471 ✭✭✭✭✭

That is one unbelievable coin.

But I guess it's believable because here it is.

Pete

"I tell them there's no problems.....only solutions" - John Lennon
  • KliaoKliao Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭✭✭

Awesome piece!

Collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• DelawareDoonsDelawareDoons Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭✭✭

That is awesome. And high grade to boot. Congrats!!

"It's like God, Family, Country, except Sticker, Plastic, Coin."

• BuffaloIronTailBuffaloIronTail Posts: 7,471 ✭✭✭✭✭

That is one cool error, no doubt.

Pete

"I tell them there's no problems.....only solutions" - John Lennon
  • BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,578 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very nice. With that much missing metal face value is only 4 cents.😀

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file