Home U.S. Coin Forum

hi i have 1982 D mint mark 3.1 grams one cent coin i just want to no if is small date coin

Bigbob63Bigbob63 Posts: 38
edited May 23, 2024 7:50AM in U.S. Coin Forum

are thay rare thanks

Comments

• Manifest_DestinyManifest_Destiny Posts: 6,812 ✭✭✭✭✭

No, and it's information that is easily found with a quick internet search. It took you longer to post here than find out for yourself.

• jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 33,427 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Manifest_Destiny said:
    No, and it's information that is easily found with a quick internet search. It took you longer to post here than find out for yourself.

I wouldn't be so sure. He did enough research to find out that there is a rare cent due that date.

[This is one of the most interesting cases we've had around here. ]

• Slade01Slade01 Posts: 294 ✭✭✭
    edited May 23, 2024 6:52AM

This is the fourth coin that you just threw up against the proverbial wall today to see if it sticks, you need to do some research on your own and not just post your collection one coin at a time. There are loads of Internet resources that would give you the answer to each question, especially this one.

• AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,710 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • his is the fourth coin that you just threw up against the proverbial wall today yes i have threw up against the proverbial wall today . i do go on the internet looking about my coins but some wright some not but with me coming on here asking yous about my coin it help me a lot to no about usa coins i have over 19.000 coins in my collection but i do have lot of usa coins to . i no notting but what on the internet about usa coins. its not like uk coins in gradeing coins thats whay am on here for your help sorry if i upset you we all got start some were thanks

• AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,710 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 33,427 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Bigbob63 said:
    his is the fourth coin that you just threw up against the proverbial wall today yes i have threw up against the proverbial wall today . i do go on the internet looking about my coins but some wright some not but with me coming on here asking yous about my coin it help me a lot to no about usa coins i have over 19.000 coins in my collection but i do have lot of usa coins to . i no notting but what on the internet about usa coins. its not like uk coins in gradeing coins thats whay am on here for your help sorry if i upset you we all got start some were thanks

Just keep doing what you're doing. Ignore the naysayers.

• cmerlo1cmerlo1 Posts: 7,910 ✭✭✭✭✭

People mis-identify the 1982-D small date bronze cents a lot, and I see at least one example of this at the ANACS table every show I work. The main thing to look for is the shape of the digits, along with the distance of the 2 from the rim. It's close on the large date and a LOT farther from it on the small date. The two dates are quite different, and I think people get blinded to that because they can't see past the dollar signs in their eyes. Compare the images to your coin here:

https://www.pcgs.com/news/looking-for-those-lincoln-memorial-cent-small-dates

You Suck! Awarded 6/2008- 1901-O Micro O Morgan, 8/2008- 1878 VAM-123 Morgan, 9/2022 1888-O VAM-1B3 H8 Morgan | Senior Regional Representative- ANACS Coin Grading. Posted opinions on coins are my own, and are not an official ANACS opinion.
  • Manifest_DestinyManifest_Destiny Posts: 6,812 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

@Bigbob63 said:
    his is the fourth coin that you just threw up against the proverbial wall today yes i have threw up against the proverbial wall today . i do go on the internet looking about my coins but some wright some not but with me coming on here asking yous about my coin it help me a lot to no about usa coins i have over 19.000 coins in my collection but i do have lot of usa coins to . i no notting but what on the internet about usa coins. its not like uk coins in gradeing coins thats whay am on here for your help sorry if i upset you we all got start some were thanks

Just keep doing what you're doing. Ignore the naysayers.

Agreed. By all memes continue.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file