Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

CU Members Beware

nam812nam812 Posts: 10,555 ✭✭✭✭✭

I just wanted to let everyone know that the CU member Harnessracing is actually the disgraced, but not banned, member gaspipe26, which he freely admits to in the "It seems like older PSA certs (same grade) are selling for less" thread.

In case anyone isn't familiar with the all defrauding that gaspipe26 attempted in April/May of 2021, you can read about it in this long, but eye opening thread.

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/1056442/did-anyone-here-attend-this-auction-in-delaware-mostly-unopened/p1

Now everyone can make their own choices with accurate information, and not revisionist history.

Edited to add: People can think whatever they want about me, but I care about this forum, and it's members.

Comments

• Options

@gumbyfan said:

@nam812 said:

Edited to add: People can think whatever they want about me, but I care about this forum, and its members.

Some things never change. Good to see a few familiar names are still around here. Nick is one of the good guys and has consistently had the forum’s back as far back as I can remember. Appreciate the heads up!

Wow, blast from the past for sure. It's got to be 10 years at least for you. Great to see you, and I appreciate the kind words. You were real life friends with the member brianwintersfan if my memory serves me? It's definitely not the same here anymore, but I hope you're sticking around for a while.

• Options
    gumbyfangumbyfan Posts: 5,168 ✭✭✭

Yes, Steve and I are friends. He’s the one who told me about these forums way back when. He probably regrets that. I’ve caught the collecting bug again so I’ll probably be around for a while. Things seem a bit more tame around here than they were when I said my Irish goodbye.

• Options
    tunahead08tunahead08 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭

Some of us just lurk in the shadows >:)

• Options
    VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,128 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    gameusedhoopgameusedhoop Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭

Just realizing I might be one of the old dues now. Join date: Aug 26, 2001

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,382 ✭✭✭✭✭

Always nice to see old faces.

Hiya Nick.

Mike
  • Options
    pdoidoipdoidoi Posts: 523 ✭✭✭

@detroitfan2 said:
    A few images from back when Nick and Stone ripped the new release of T206s:

Very cool.

• Options
    edited May 23, 2024 2:58PM

@detroitfan2 said:
    A few images from back when Nick and Stone ripped the new release of T206s.............

Says the guy that is most likely older than me. :D:D

• Options
    lahmejoonlahmejoon Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭

@ndleo said:
    Those CU BBCE group breaks were legendary. They changed the direction of my collecting and increased my hobby enjoyment by 10X. I signed up 2 months before 9/11 when I was working overseas. I missed the hobby and it was a way for me to connect back home.

I do miss the group breaks immensely. Those were so much fun!

• Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭✭✭

@tigerdean said:
    Been around quite a while myself and glad to see you guys still lurk around like I do. The good ole days when we did gift exchanges and people actually sent their package as they were supposed to and usually gave some good cards.

The gift exchanges got crazy, each person one upping the next, at the end someone would get a nice card, cards, item, etc.

Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options
    handymanhandyman Posts: 5,256 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 24, 2024 1:00PM

“Fun Bag” group of guys here if you want to add to the “just 1 wax box” of nuts.
    1980-81
    1980-81 bk fun bag to be exact. I hope it was refunded as well. Thanks for pointing this new I’d out nam

• Options
    ArchStantonArchStanton Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭

This is like an old timers game.

Collector of 1976 Topps baseball for some stupid reason.
    Collector of Pittsburgh Pirates cards for a slightly less stupid reason.
    My Pirates Collection
  • Options
    thedutymon11thedutymon11 Posts: 640 ✭✭✭✭

@ArchStanton said:
    This is like an old timers game.

Yes it is!

YeeHaw!

Neil

• Options
    milbrocomilbroco Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭

WOW Those cigarette pack pics are nice!

ebay seller name milbroco
    email bcmiller7@comcast.net
  • Options
    PatriotTradingPatriotTrading Posts: 222 ✭✭✭

FYI, the Vintage Packs Group on Facebook has a lot of old heads too. Many from the BBCE Group Rips. Don't recall the exact name but maybe someone can post it.

• Options
    Downtown1974Downtown1974 Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭✭✭

Some legendary members from long ago. Been a long time since I chatted here. Slowly transitioned to coins around 2011. Nick is definitely one I miss talking with. A real top shelf guy.
    Detroitfan was a huge help when I was building my 1955 Topps set.
    All these names bring back good memories! Hope you are all doing well!
    Bob

• Options
    detroitfan2detroitfan2 Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭✭

Dang Downtown is still around! How are you Bob?

P.S. Bob was the one who was old enough at the time to buy the tobacco for the T206 rip.

• Options
    WFFLWFFL Posts: 495 ✭✭✭

I check in often, but haven't traded or offered a contest in ages. Lots of familiar names...good to see.

• Options

I just saw a "like" that I got and it made me see that, although I'm sure I missed many, many names, I missed a very good friend in Mike (Bosox1976). Yahtzee Mike!!

• Options
    bgrbgr Posts: 688 ✭✭✭

Post #’s here is a little bit like counting the rings on trees.

• Options
    ElMagoStrikeZoneElMagoStrikeZone Posts: 134 ✭✭✭

@bgr said:
    Post #’s here is a little bit like counting the rings on trees.

Sad though, some of the elder trees got chopped down for throwing too much shade.

Come on people now. Smile on your brothers.

• Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,074 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good to see some familiar names posting. I've been on here for almost 25 years between my 'gemint' and previous '69Topps8' handle. I was never banned but I don't recall why I changed names. I think it had to do with conversion to the new message board format (2001?). Does anyone remember when the new board started and can we still access the posts from the original forum?

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,578 ✭✭✭✭✭

@gemint said:
    Good to see some familiar names posting. I've been on here for almost 25 years between my 'gemint' and previous '69Topps8' handle. I was never banned but I don't recall why I changed names. I think it had to do with conversion to the new message board format (2001?). Does anyone remember when the new board started and can we still access the posts from the original forum?

Pretty sure that was 2001 and I remember that was the earliest registration date I'd see back when the join date appeared under your avatar. There was another overhaul and platform change maybe a decade or so ago but all of the previous posts and messages were imported with that one.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    balco758balco758 Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭✭✭

Let's not forget Jenny!

• Options
    mexpo75mexpo75 Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭✭

Time does fly. 15 years for me, I got on here in my middle 50's.
    Popcorn girl for me!!

PackManInNC