Home Stamps Forum
Options

Early Flying Machines Stamps Information

Hello All, My grandmother purchased these stamps for me when my 6th grade teacher assigned everyone homework. The homework was come up with a hobby, collect samples, then present to the class. I choose stamps. My grandmother purchased these from a space hall of fame in order to help with my project. My questions are, do these stamps hold any value, do they potentially hold some value later on ? I can’t find much information about them on line. Thank you.

Comments

• Options
    bigmountainlionbigmountainlion Posts: 207 ✭✭✭

Not much value, you can go to the library and borrow Scott stamp catalog. You have Romania, Mongolia, Hungary, Poland…

• Options

Thank you bigmountainlion, greatly appreciated!

• Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 24,035 ✭✭✭✭✭

Many of the stamps you show appear to be cancelled to order by the selling country's post office. These were sold in bulk at prices well below face value to stamp marketers as a way for those countries to raise hard cash. Cancelled to order stamps were common packet material. Value is likely to be very low.

All glory is fleeting.
  • Options

@bigmountainlion @291fifth
    Does anything stand out in these images that might be worth hanging onto, for say 50yrs down the road? Thanks in advance!

• Options
    GansetttimeGansetttime Posts: 223 ✭✭✭

No.