• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 28,225 ✭✭✭✭✭

Couldn't happen to a nicer guy. 👎

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 21, 2024 5:23AM

@stevek said:

He is legitimately mentally ill or has CTE, it's still bizarre how he just completely came undone out of nowhere

I always wondered if that Vontez Burfict hit was behind him coming undone

• Options

@perkdog said:

@stevek said:

He is legitimately mentally ill or has CTE, it's still b8zar6how he just completely came undone out of nowhere

I always wondered if that Vontez Burfict hit was behind him coming undone

You may very well be right.

It's always that "one" hit which is the straw that breaks the camel's back.

(if possible, I'll try to get in one more cliché in this thread - LOL)

• Options
  • Options
  • Options
    edited May 21, 2024 9:03AM

@perkdog said:

@stevek said:

NASTY

Yea, even though I've got no love at all for Antonio Brown, that's tough to watch.

He could have been paralyzed from a vicious hit like that.

• Options
    VikingDudeVikingDude Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭

a quick Google search says that he made $80 million from NFL contracts when he played

• Options

@VikingDude said:
    a quick Google search says that he made $80 million from NFL contracts when he played

And that's a lot less than some other idiots have made and went bankrupt.

What's odd is AB just literally refused to pay people for personal services too so lawsuits won't help them get paid now

• Options
    estangestang Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭

According to many reports, nearly one-third of lottery winners eventually go bankrupt within three to five years, which is more likely than the average American, according to the Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards.

I accept the challenge NOT to go bankrupt & I'm quite confident I would succeed. My card budget would increase, I just need a chance.

Reminds me of the uprise & downfall of Steve Martin in The Jerk...funny movie!

Enjoy your collection!
    Erik
  • Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,836 ✭✭✭✭✭

Can you imagine if you somehow were able to inject yourself into Antonio Brown's head; keep your own mind separate from his mind; have the ability to observe and study the functioning (past and current) of Antonio Browns' mind; and compare how his mind functioned prior to him playing football and how it functions now.

I suspect that his erratic behavior has been made worse by the number of jarring hits he has suffered while playing the game.

That would be very interesting.

• Options

@estang said:
    According to many reports, nearly one-third of lottery winners eventually go bankrupt within three to five years, which is more likely than the average American, according to the Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards.

I accept the challenge NOT to go bankrupt & I'm quite confident I would succeed. My card budget would increase, I just need a chance.

Reminds me of the uprise & downfall of Steve Martin in The Jerk...funny movie!

You're exactly right about lottery winners. Many of them have stated that they wished they had never hit it. Marital problems develop, family and friends get estranged, all sorts of other calamities seem to happen. Including going dead broke and in debt, worse off financially than they were before they received that sudden whirlwind of money.

• Options

@perkdog said:

@VikingDude said:

And that's a lot less than some other idiots have made and went bankrupt.

What's odd is AB just literally refused to pay people for personal services too so lawsuits won't help them get paid now

80m - Yikes!

I'd say he'd better start hitting the autograph circuit and hope his signature sells. 😆