Home Precious Metals
Options

I got 6 mislabeled S$5 Maples for $22/ea last month

AzurescensAzurescens Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭✭✭

And I'm still feeling really good about it.

They were all toners too if you couldn't tell from the pic.

They just got kicked back to Grading/Quality Control at NGC so I imagine some coins in my submission got really good grades. That only ever happens to me when they verify top pops.

I also have some 1993 and 1998 that I hope got PL designations. Flashiest mirrored maples I've ever seen in my life.

Comments

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,446 ✭✭✭✭✭

great score. not a fan of brown toning on silver

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    AzurescensAzurescens Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's not my favorite, either. The other pics for the listing were pretty garbage. I wasn't sure I was even getting maples for sure until they showed up. I only saw the discolored mint packaging and figured whatever was inside was probably good for $22 a pop. One of the photos had part of a maple leaf and that's really it.

Seller went unresponsive and uploaded wrong tracking. Nothing showed up for a long time then suddenly one day it did. I had figured I was scammed.

The bottom right one is a weird orange green that makes a brown. I've only ever seen 1988 maples with that color, no other years. I don't know if it's unique to that issue or the mint plastic but I had to have one.

The 1993 and 1998 are very pleasing coins.

• Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,758 ✭✭✭✭✭

So with grading fees, handling fees and shipping fees you are in these for about $50 each. Will you be able to sell these for $60+?

Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options

Great Score

• Options
    rte592rte592 Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good score. The rest of the sellers previous listings didn't have good pictures either.