Home U.S. Coin Forum

How do you get a CAC tag & tied with one other for #1 67+ 1939 FS-801 5¢ with a blob of corrosion?

Slade01Slade01 Posts: 294 ✭✭✭
edited May 17, 2024 2:53PM in U.S. Coin Forum

I like the looks of this coin, except the big lump on the reverse above the B in "PLURIBUS", where the reverse is the special thing about this coin, but really a CAC'ed 67+?
Corrosion does not impact grading? Could some xylene have remedied this with injuring the coin before submission, don't know much about how 75% copper/25% nickel reacts with acetone or xylene but I wouldn't think it would be a problem. Thoughts please.

Comments

• oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 12,145 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 17, 2024 3:49PM

...and a DDR too!

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Slade01Slade01 Posts: 294 ✭✭✭

@oih82w8 said:
    ...and a DDR too!

Yeah, the corrosion problem is on the most important part -- the Double Monticello side so it's hard to miss.

• oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 12,145 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 17, 2024 4:44PM

Do you think @ianrussell could do something about it, like having it conserved?

Ugh! It is very green on the TrueView;

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file