Home U.S. Coin Forum

1948 wheat

2nd decent wheat in better than normal condition this month from role hunting! Feel like I hit the jackpot everytime I find one in this type of shape even though they probably arn’t worth a ton. Actually no clue what value would be just going to collection. 1948 found today the 57 in last month.

Tagged:

Comments

• coinbufcoinbuf Posts: 11,139 ✭✭✭✭✭

Both are worth around 5 cents each, nice album coins but as you said not much value.

My Lincoln Registry
    My Collection of Old Holders

Never a slave to one plastic brand will I ever be.
  • pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,829 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well that 1948 looks pretty good for my birth year 👍👍

• OAKSTAROAKSTAR Posts: 6,657 ✭✭✭✭✭

One coin per thread @Hoardt1 It gets to confusing for me.

Disclaimer: I'm not a dealer, trader, grader, investor or professional numismatist. I'm just a hobbyist. (To protect me but mostly you! 🤣 )

• @OAKSTAR if you read post shouldn’t confuse you at all however to clarify your confusion todays roll find which is now tucked in clear sleeve

If only I could get the true shine and tone captured in a photo!

edited May 16, 2024 8:46PM

@Hoardt1 said:
    @OAKSTAR if you read post shouldn’t confuse you at all however to clarify your confusion todays roll find which is now tucked in clear sleeve

If only I could get the true shine and tone captured in a photo!

Take the coin out of the clear sleeve when you take pictures. It takes practice. One coin per thread.

Disclaimer: I'm not a dealer, trader, grader, investor or professional numismatist. I'm just a hobbyist. (To protect me but mostly you! 🤣 )

• @OAKSTAR you now are challenging my right to post how I want when I want and sleeve or no sleeve its how I want it. Feel free to post how you would like and let me do the same. Stop bringing your downer mood to my posts sorry life for you isn’t great.

• AotearoaAotearoa Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Hoardt1 said:
    @OAKSTAR you now are challenging my right to post how I want when I want and sleeve or no sleeve its how I want it. Feel free to post how you would like and let me do the same. Stop bringing your downer mood to my posts sorry life for you isn’t great.

You are mistaking helpful advice (based on well-established forum protocol) for authoritative commands.

Smitten with DBLCs.

• FrazFraz Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Hoardt1 said:
    @OAKSTAR you now are challenging my right to post how I want when I want and sleeve or no sleeve its how I want it. Feel free to post how you would like and let me do the same. Stop bringing your downer mood to my posts sorry life for you isn’t great.

This forum makes me paranoid and offensive, too.

• ChrisH821ChrisH821 Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭✭✭

@OAKSTAR Since when has one coin per thread ever been a rule here, written or otherwise? I can point to countless threads that have many subject coins in them that go over without a hitch. This is not the coinhelpu forum. The OP isn't asking questions about the coins, there is NO reason to split this into two threads. I'm sure if they did split it there would be many more people saying, complaining, that they should have been in a single thread.

Collector, occasional seller

@ChrisH821 - No problem.

• MFeldMFeld Posts: 13,073 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ChrisH821 said:
    @OAKSTAR Since when has one coin per thread ever been a rule here, written or otherwise? I can point to countless threads that have many subject coins in them that go over without a hitch. This is not the coinhelpu forum. The OP isn't asking questions about the coins, there is NO reason to split this into two threads. I'm sure if they did split it there would be many more people saying, complaining, that they should have been in a single thread.

Agreed. And for purposes of relevant feedback on the coins in this thread, the posted images are perfectly adequate.

Mark Feld* of Heritage Auctions*Unless otherwise noted, my posts here represent my personal opinions.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file