Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Estimating Value for ins

I have an autographed 1999 Muhammad Ali Wheaties box "The Greatest" . Im in the process of packing it for shipment to PSA for authentication and valuation .
Does anyone have any idea how much i should insure it for ?

Tagged:

Answers

• RufussCkingstonRufussCkingston Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 15, 2024 2:37PM

zero.... They won't pay out since you didn't pay for it. You'd need a receipt, and even if you had one, he wasn't dead yet (unless you just recently bought it from someone else...), so the value would be incorrect. You need a Collectinsure policy to cover it, or schedule it with your homeowners or renter's policy....

• bgrbgr Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭✭

I think he's referring to the value for shipping insurance. I could be wrong but that's how I read it. I don't know what the value would be so I didn't offer any advice there.

• RufussCkingstonRufussCkingston Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bgr said:
    I think he's referring to the value for shipping insurance. I could be wrong but that's how I read it. I don't know what the value would be so I didn't offer any advice there.

And that's exactly what I'm referring to. Zero for shipping insurance as he won't be able to prove the value unless he has a receipt for such value. And especially since it isn't authenticated yet, so it can't be valued as such from the carrier's perspective.

• JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭✭

Post Office will need proof of value if they lose your item.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set