Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

the absolute holy GRAIL Jordan card, you'll never believe where I found it!

mattnj518mattnj518 Posts: 7

Hey All,

Can you believe I found this under my bed last year, after cracking it open in a pack 28 years ago? Teenage-me received the pack as a birthday present from my dad. The pack had an insert that I had to sign and mail out. Many months later, after assuming it got lost in the mail (with no internet tracking since it was the 90's!!) it came in, with a note that it had been freshly signed by Michael. The time has come to sell it. Another one sold a couple years ago for 93,000 :o I'm sadly not too involved with the sports world these days, so if you're not interested, please pass the word along for me!

ps - if you have any questions about the card or about my experience with it, feel free to ask me :]

https://sports.ha.com/itm/basketball-cards/singles-1980-now-/1996-upper-deck-ud3-michael-jordan-court-commemorative-autograph-c1-bgs-gem-mint-95-none-superior-/a/50069-81465.s?ic16=ViewItem-Auction-Open-MostPopular-Thumbnail-112917

https://sports.ha.com/itm/basketball-cards/singles-1980-now-/1996-upper-deck-ud3-michael-jordan-court-commemorative-autograph-c1-bgs-gem-mint-95-none-superior-/a/50069-81465.s?ic16=ViewItem-Auction-Open-MostPopular-Thumbnail-112917

Comments

• Options
    FredJRIFredJRI Posts: 167 ✭✭

I can't believe it, especially that you still live in the same house 30 years later?
    Good for you.

• Options

@FredJRI said:
    I can't believe it, especially that you still live in the same house 30 years later?
    Good for you.

I'd moved out and back a handful of times (college, job, etc), though my bedroom at home still remains mostly unchanged!

• Options

I live in the same house I grew up in 77 years ago.. seriously.

Very nice card.. hope you get a small fortune for it.

FredJRI

• Options

Pssst: Where in NJ .. anywhere near Whippany and JR Cigars ?

• Options
    mattnj518mattnj518 Posts: 7
    edited May 11, 2024 2:55PM

@FredJRI said:
    Pssst: Where in NJ .. anywhere near Whippany and JR Cigars ?

Thanks for those wishes! Despite neverending repairs, it's nice to have the same house. I'm not too too far from Whippany -- about 45 min south near Rutgers - New Brunswick.

• Options
    dtmodeldtmodel Posts: 85 ✭✭✭

I got to admit...1st thought was that must be one dusty bedroom...

• Options

@dtmodel said:
    I got to admit...1st thought was that must be one dusty bedroom...

hahaha that's funny as hell. to be fair, the bedroom is quite dusty, i should work on that