Home U.S. Coin Forum

Is this 2005 Lincoln Cent a grading candidate??

ambro51ambro51 Posts: 13,771 ✭✭✭✭✭

Comments

• CoinscratchCoinscratch Posts: 8,508 ✭✭✭✭✭

Absolutely as long as it’s not a satin.

• 291fifth291fifth Posts: 24,266 ✭✭✭✭✭

No. I see one carbon spot clearly and another that appears to be developing. Both are in the obverse field. One is near the rim and the other is developing to the left of the date.

All glory is fleeting.
  • ambro51ambro51 Posts: 13,771 ✭✭✭✭✭

The black spot near the rim was just a loose particle laying there. This is a raw coin, a roll hunting find. I can’t see any contact marks on it.

• MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,712 ✭✭✭✭✭

yes, i'm not familiar with the particulars of satin vs not pricing. but some of our own forumites have submitted crh finds and had them come back marked satin. that one isn't satin. great find.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions

One thing that I notice with this coin is when you reeeeealy zoom in on Lincoln on the reverse…..it looks like the back view a little boy peeing.

• JimTylerJimTyler Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭✭✭

Let me know if it is I got one one the floorboard of my truck.

• coinbufcoinbuf Posts: 11,139 ✭✭✭✭✭

My guess is 67, but it is one I would take a shot with.

My Lincoln Registry
    My Collection of Old Holders

Never a slave to one plastic brand will I ever be.
  • CoinscratchCoinscratch Posts: 8,508 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was thinking about this one that made 68 even with the carbon spot but this one is worth less than that one in 67.
    And I believe that's true for 05, 06, 07, and 08.

This was Not a recent find, rather one found in 2005 hunting fresh bank rolls. Seems like a long time now, it’s lived in quiet solitude in that 2x2 plastic snap.

• MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,712 ✭✭✭✭✭

aall the more painful if it comes back satin finis.

it's gotta be a 68 at least

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • ProofCollectionProofCollection Posts: 5,872 ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree, it's worth it if not satin. I understand the challenge of taking good pictures and yours aren't bad, but you need to look at the coin from all angles with really good light. I agree though, looks like a 67 with possibility for 68. You'll break even with a 67 but if you can get a + or a 68 it's a score.

Yeah, rotating it under good light….cartwheel mirrors. The rims look the same as the fields

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file