Home U.S. Coin Forum

Thomas Bailey had some pretty coins (Link fixed)

sellitstoresellitstore Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 9, 2024 9:00AM in U.S. Coin Forum

https://auctionzip.com/auction-catalog/catalog_3ECKPI4XGK

And there's some not as pretty ones, too. I think that Nadeau's sent some of the better pieces in for certification. Good opportunity for green beans as it appears they weren't sent in for this. Excellent collection of Israel gold here, but little demand for these.

Sorry for the bad link. It appears to work now.

Collector and dealer in obsolete currency. Always buying all obsolete bank notes and scrip.

Comments

• GaCoinGuyGaCoinGuy Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭✭

Some of the Indian cents are nice. I noticed many of the lots sold for more than or near the upper end of the estimate. I wonder if the provenance increased the bids?

imageimage

• sellitstoresellitstore Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭✭✭

Link fixed and thread > @GaCoinGuy said:

Some of the Indian cents are nice. I noticed many of the lots sold for more than or near the upper end of the estimate. I wonder if the provenance increased the bids?

The two raw toned 1902 Barber Quarters (lots 2 & 3) were what first caught my eye and the 1902 that they had certified graded a 66. The raw ones sold for half of what the 66 brought and I wonder if they were just as nice.

Yes, some of the Indians were nice, too. The 1877 only graded 62 but I liked the colors. I particularly liked the 1859 and 1860 which graded 64 and 65 and looked like they could have possibly been better, or at least "solid for the grade".

Gold $10s at $900 and $5s at $450 are fairly priced, even with a 28% BP (ouch).

Collector and dealer in obsolete currency. Always buying all obsolete bank notes and scrip.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file