Home Sports Talk

Red Sox management continue to shuffle the deck chairs

MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,804 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow, Zack Short didn't even last a week.

https://www.mlb.com/redsox/roster/transactions

Comments

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 30,239 ✭✭✭✭✭

As long as they are trying to put together the most competitive roster I guess

• tommyrusty7tommyrusty7 Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭✭

The only problem with all this movement is they don't have the needed pieces to complete a finished product. They should have known that last winter not now. They need to finish building before trade deadline and that means Henry has to open his wallet big time!

• MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,804 ✭✭✭✭✭

@tommyrusty7 said:
    The only problem with all this movement is they don't have the needed pieces to complete a finished product. They should have known that last winter not now. They need to finish building before trade deadline and that means Henry has to open his wallet big time!

If memory serves, most pundits wondered why better trades weren't made prior to the season opener. The train has left the station and now they're running after it. I will acknowledge the fact that "injuires" have certainly hampered the Red Sox from being more viable at this point. Again, it's a marathon, not a sprint. Things could change, but I doubt it.

I honestly don't think Henry is very involved. No doubt he gets a spreadsheet perdiodically and looks at the bottom line, but I don't see him as an active participant in any of the day to day stuff, and certainly not in the minutiae. The Red Sox to him are merely a business operation that flows like a cash cow to other interests. Wallet time was when Bogey and Mookie were still in the mix.

• tommyrusty7tommyrusty7 Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭✭

I completely agree about Mookie but Bogey was an ok player but not a superstar. They made a show of signing a couple of young players this year but they have not proved themselves yet. You are right about Henry as he has other things he is concerned with besides the sox,