Home U.S. & World Currency Forum

Info Help Needed Pls.

Hi Folks. Can anyone please help me on what I have here and any value at all or is this considered junk? Thanks in advance for your help.

References:Coinsarefun,DerryB,Bloodman,Zubie,Gerard,Skyman,Bestclser1,Lakesammman,Yellowkid,PerryHall,Piecesofme,HTubbs,grote15
Coinfame,Kaelasdad,Type2,UNLVino,MICHAELDIXON
Justacommeman,tydye,78saen,123cents,blue62vette,Segoja,Nibanny

Comments

• sellitstoresellitstore Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭✭✭

Who autographed it?

Collector and dealer in obsolete currency. Always buying all obsolete bank notes and scrip.
  • CCC2010CCC2010 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭

I honestly don't know who this artist is who made those characters in the front. It was gifted to me by a friend who is no longer with us and I just found it again a couple of days ago in an old drawer cabinet. He knows I collect coins and gave me these instead many years ago because he says its something different. Did not explain what this is or who made this I just said Thanks for your gift and put it away at the end of that day.

References:Coinsarefun,DerryB,Bloodman,Zubie,Gerard,Skyman,Bestclser1,Lakesammman,Yellowkid,PerryHall,Piecesofme,HTubbs,grote15
  • Steve_in_TampaSteve_in_Tampa Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭✭✭

Is the design on the face printed or a sticker ?

Hi Steve_In_Tampa. I just checked and your right its a very well done sticker on top made by the same guy. Well I guess that answers my question above., Not really anything but art I guess and plus the artist signature is not known. Thanks for the help gentlemen! Much appreciated.
    --- Joe

Unfortunately a search on "Rens artist" and "Renc artist" turns up a few possible artists but nobody famous or noteworthy.

Collector and dealer in obsolete currency. Always buying all obsolete bank notes and scrip.

Thanks so much for this info sellitstore. I did not even know the name to that signature. So Ren is his name . Good to know at least now its not just some random scribble . Its always good to put a name into something unknown to me and others I figured as well. Have a wonderful weekend ahead.
    Joe

• Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,887 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm gonna say the name is possibly RENY. Maybe an illustrator of some accomplishment in the world of pop art. Good luck. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall, coinsarefun, MichaelDixon, NickPatton, ProfLiz, Twobitcollector,Jesbroken

• tomtomtomtomtomtomtomtom Posts: 538 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 12, 2024 10:03AM

Good work, Tom.

Well someone thinks it's worth $26.95. I'd try it in the BST category here (or Ebay) before spending it for $2.

Rencyart has their own Ebay ID and has sold over 7000 items, if you are interested in this "collectible":
    https://ebay.com/sch/i.html?_ssn=rencyart&store_name=rencyart&_oac=1&_trksid=p4429486.m3561.l170197