Home U.S. Coin Forum

1967P Uncirculated Mint Set

Hello, new to this forum. I have run across this mint set and am unfamiliar with it. I have collected coins for many years and are very familiar with SMS Sets but have never seen this set. However, I am very familiar with mint and proof sets this one hit me a bit strange
Any info would be helpful
Thanks

Comments

• PTVETTERPTVETTER Posts: 5,920 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not a US Mint set.
    It's a group of uncirculated coins

Pat Vetter,Mercury Dime registry set,1938 Proof set registry,Pat & BJ Coins:724-325-7211

• BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,537 ✭✭✭✭✭

The labeling was truthful in it's descriptions. An uncirculated set of 1967 coins.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,781 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 9, 2024 7:24AM

It is an after-market flat pack but looks like it was done at the time they were minted - cool souvenir, and the coins look nice based on the photo.

• Slade01Slade01 Posts: 294 ✭✭✭

1967 was the last year of the "official" special mint sets, and I think they started official mint sets soon after for most years. I know that I have an old 1970 somewhere from when I was a kid, probably the first thing that I bought from the mint. They sold mint sets earlier back in the late 40s but not in the plastic container IIRC.

• johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 28,014 ✭✭✭✭✭

No, the packaging wasn't used. Nice coin thou

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file